Bake delicious rye bread in the Ausserberg wood fired oven
Bake your own Valais rye bread.
The traditional rye bread from Ausserberg is unique. What is the secret recipe? Is it the fresh mountain air, the clear “suonen” water or the spirit of the historic Bielhaus? Find out for yourself and experience a fun-filled day in pleasant company. You will knead and shape the sourdough and learn something about the cultivation of rye and how it is processed. You will sample some Valais specialities and become more familiar with the mountain village of Ausserberg.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Availability Today (Friday) open
The offer is available all year round
Dates available upon enquiry
Subject to change without prior notice
Rates available upon enquiry
Prices and products subject to alteration
Duration: around 5 hours
Included in the offer:
- Baking bread
- 2–3 loaves of bread per person to take home
- Sampling Ausserberg specialities
- Brief tour of the village
- Information about rye cultivation in Ausserberg
Weather & webcam Today: sunny 0/15°