Photo shoots and videos
Are you thinking about taking photographs in BLS trains or at BLS train stations?
Within the limits of its possibilities, the BLS media office supports media representatives, photographers and film teams with their photo or video projects and also issues the required permits. Contact us as soon as possible in order to ensure your photo or video shoot runs smoothly.
BLS reserves the right to charge a fee for reproductions that are used commercially and/or to present an invoice for any extensive clarifications or assistance required by photographers/film-makers during a photo/video shoot.
The BLS media office will issue you with permits for video and photo shoots on BLS trains and at train stations along our routes. For video or photo permits on our ships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will need the following information from you in order to process your permit request:
- Purpose of the photo/video shoot and/or sound recording
- Topic and general description of the photos, videos etc. to be shot on BLS property / in BLS transport vehicles
- Where (at which train stations, in which trains) and when (date, time) would you like to shoot your photos/videos and/or make sound recordings?
- How many people will be participating in your project?
- Does your project require the use of bulky materials?
Please note the following terms and conditions that apply to all photography and filming activities on BLS property:
- Permits are issued by BLS Ltd and, if necessary, also include approvals issued by associated companies (BLS Netz AG, Busland AG and BLS Cargo Ltd).
- All persons involved in filming etc. in BLS transport vehicles must have a valid ticket.
- The work carried out may in no way disturb or inhibit passengers, uninvolved third parties or BLS staff, and such persons may not be filmed or photographed without their consent. Filming, photographing and sound recording may not be allowed to disrupt transport operations or cause delays.
- Due to reasons of safety, individuals involved in filming etc. may not enter track areas or other locations closed to the public unless accompanied by trained BLS personnel. Such individuals must also wear protective equipment in line with BLS regulations.
- No structures or installations may be set up or used near tracks (live overhead lines).
- Cameras and microphones may not be held out of open train windows (danger posed by tunnels and installations such as signal masts and overhead line masts).
- Instructions issued by company personnel and train conductors must be followed at all times.
- All current rules governing conduct in train stations and on trains apply.
- No photographs, video recordings or sound recordings may be taken or made in stores and restaurants without the consent of the owner or manager.
- The permit applicant is liable to BLS Ltd for all damages that result from the execution of the activities described in the permit. To this end, the applicant is required to obtain liability insurance in order to ensure the liability obligation can be met.
- In the event of conflicting schedules or exceptional occurrences, scheduled photo/film shoots etc. may be cancelled at short notice.
- BLS reserves the right to charge a fee for reproductions that are used commercially and/or to present an invoice for any extensive clarifications or assistance required by the permit applicant during a photo/video shoot.
- The permit for photographs, video recordings or sound recordings must be presented to employees of BLS Ltd upon request.
When issuing a permit, BLS Ltd accepts no liability for any accidents, damages or theft either caused by or experienced by the permit applicant.