“Sörenberg–Kemmeriboden” special ticket
Hike through the UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch, Switzerland’s first biosphere reserve. Moorland landscapes, fissured limestone surfaces and wild mountain streams make for an unforgettable experience of nature. For the final touch, enjoy a heavenly meringue at the Landgasthof Kemmeriboden Bad restaurant.
Hike from Rossweid to Kemmeriboden Bad with a fine meringue to finish.
From Sörenberg you can take the gondola to Rossweid. There you start the impressive hike via Salwideli through nationally significant moorland landscapes. With the gnarled mountain pines and pretty orchids, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported straight into another world. As you head up to Schneebergli, the impressive, steep flanks of the Brienzergrat and fissured limestone of the Schrattenfluh are constantly in view before you enter the forest and hike downhill towards Kemmeriboden Bad.
Make use of the attractive round-trip ticket, which also includes a filled meringue at the Landgasthof Kemmeriboden Bad as a reward for your efforts.
Special ticket “Sörenberg–Kemmeriboden”
- CHF 39.00 Adults
- CHF 25.00 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 25.00 Children (6–15.99)
- CHF 16.00 GA Travelcard
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The special ticket includes the following:
- Postbus Schüpfheim–Sörenberg/Kemmeriboden-Bad–Escholzmatt
- BLS route Escholzmatt–Schüpfheim
- Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift
- Meringues from the Landgasthof Kemmeriboden-Bad to eat in or take away
Where to buy
The “Sörenberg–Kemmeriboden” special ticket is available at:
- BLS web shop
- BLS Travel Centres
- Postbus Sold on routes 60.241 (Schüpfheim‒Sörenberg) and 60.251 (Escholzmatt‒Kemmeriboden)
- Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift Sold at the ticket counter of the Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift
- The journey to/from Schüpfheim is not included in the price. We recommend checking in advance whether supersaver tickets are available.
- No further discounts are offered to groups.
- For children with the Junior travelcard and Children’s Co-travelcard, the transport services (Postbus, cable car, BLS) are free.
This easy walk, which is also very suitable for families, starts at Rossweid, which you can reach in comfort via the gondola lift from Sörenberg. Follow the signposted trail towards Salwideli/Kemmeribodenbad.
|Walking route||Rossweid‒Salwideli‒Kemmeriboden Bad|
|Walking time||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Elevation difference||+ 0 m / - 488 m|
- Hiking map and altitude profile Hiking with online map
- UNESCO Biosphere Learn more about the Moor & Karst
- UNESCO Biosphere View of the majestic Schrattenfluh
- Erlebnis-Restaurant Rossweid Sun terrace next to the Mooraculum adventure playground
- Hotel Landgasthof Kemmeriboden-Bad Kemmeriboden meringues
Availability Today (Sunday) open
Special ticket “Sörenberg–Kemmeriboden”
The special ticket is available from 27 May to 29 October 2023.
Operating times for the Sörenberg-Rossweid gondola
Daily from 08.15–17.15 hours
Landgasthof Kemmeriboden Bad
Restaurant reopening from 6 July 2023
Thurs–Sun: 11.45–23.30 hours
Special opening times 2023:
Tuesday, 1 August: Open 11.45–23.30 hours
On rest days, it is possible to take home a pack of meringue from the hotel reception.
Food truck sales (in fine weather only): Mon–Wed 10.00–17.00 hours
When the food truck is open, portions of meringue can also be consumed on site or, as mentioned above, a gift pack is available to take away.
Please always check the opening times of the food truck the day before.
Company holidays 2023
Saturday 23 up to and including Tuesday 26 December 2023
Open from 27 December 2023
Current information on Kemmeriboden
Subject to change without notice
How to get here
Take the train from Lucerne or Bern to Schüpfheim. Here, you transfer to the Postbus no. 241 and ride to the “Sörenberg, Post” stop. After a short walk, you will reach the valley station of the gondola lift to Rossweid, the starting-point of the walking trail.
Begin your journey home by taking the Postbus (no. 251) from Kemmeriboden to the “Escholzmatt, Bahnhof” stop. From here, BLS takes you back to Schüpfheim and onwards in your desired direction.