“Sörenberg–Kemmeriboden” special ticket
Walking trail through the landscape of the Unesco Biosphere Entlebuch, with utterly delicious meringues awaiting you at the end.
Your journey to Sörenberg takes you through Entlebuch. Once in Sörenberg, you already find yourself at the heart of the UNESCO biosphere. The cable car takes you on towards Rossweid. The convenient ride up by gondola lift means less of a climb for you. This also makes the walk suitable for less seasoned walkers and for families.
The Erlebnis-Restaurant Rossweid and the Mooraculum, the biggest moorland adventure park in the Alps, both invite you to come and relax. Young and old alike will learn lots of interesting things about the moors and their flora and fauna.
This is the starting point for your walk to Kemmeriboden Bad. The well-signposted trail leads you through stunningly beautiful, largely pristine mountain scenery. To the right stands the legendary Mt. Schrattenfluh, to the left the Brienzer Rothorn range – these are your constant companions. Strolling across mostly flat plains, the trail takes you to Salwideli. Here, the cosy mountain inn offers you the chance for a rest. The trail now leads gently downwards into Kemmeriboden Bad.
To round off your excursion in style, you can enjoy one of the famous and irresistible Kemmeriboden meringues served at the Landgasthof Kemmeriboden Bad.
Due to the storm on 4 July 2022, the Landgasthof Kemmeriboden Bad will remain closed until further notice. A flood wave completely submerged the hotel and the restaurant and caused immense damage. It is not yet foreseeable when the Landgasthof will be able to reopen its doors.
In addition, hiking trails in the region were also flooded and are closed and impassable for an indefinite period.
Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift
- CHF 39.00 Adult
- CHF 25.00 Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 25.00 Children (6–15.99)
- CHF 16.00 GA Travelcard
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The special ticket includes the following
- Postbus Schüpfheim–Sörenberg/Kemmeriboden-Bad–Escholzmatt
- BLS route Escholzmatt–Schüpfheim
- Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift
- Meringues from the Landgasthof Kemmeriboden-Bad to eat in or take away
Where to buy
The “Sörenberg–Kemmeriboden” special ticket is available at
- BLS web shop
- BLS Travel Centres
- Postbus Sold on routes 60.241 (Schüpfheim‒Sörenberg) and 60.251 (Escholzmatt‒Kemmeriboden)
- Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift Sold at the ticket counter of the Sörenberg–Rossweid gondola lift
- The journey to/from Schüpfheim is not included in the price. We recommend checking in advance whether supersaver tickets are available.
- No further discounts are offered to groups
- For children with the Junior travelcard and Children’s Co-travelcard, the transport services (Postbus, cable car, BLS) are free
This easy walk, which is also very suitable for families, starts at Rossweid, which you can reach in comfort via the gondola lift from Sörenberg. Follow the signposted trail towards Salwideli/Kemmeribodenbad
|Walking route||Rossweid‒Salwideli‒Kemmeriboden Bad|
|Walking time||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Elevation difference||+ 0 m / - 488 m|
- Hiking map and altitude profile Hiking with online map
- UNESCO Biosphere Learn more about the Moor & Karst
- UNESCO Biosphere View of the majestic Schrattenfluh
- Erlebnis-Restaurant Rossweid Sun terrace next to the Mooraculum adventure playground
- Hotel Landgasthof Kemmeriboden-Bad Kemmeriboden meringues
How to get here
Take the train from Lucerne or Bern to Schüpfheim. Here, you transfer to the Postbus no. 241 and ride to the “Sörenberg, Post” stop. After a short walk, you will reach the valley station of the gondola lift to Rossweid, the starting-point of the walking trail.
Begin your journey home by taking the Postbus (no. 251) from Kemmeriboden to the “Escholzmatt, Bahnhof” stop. From here, BLS takes you back to Schüpfheim and onwards in your desired direction.