Hiking ticket Gurnigel–Stockhorn
The Alpine path classic from the Gantrisch region to the Stockhorn peak with fantastic views.
The impressive Gantrisch chain rears its head between the Gurnigel region and Simmental. It also includes the striking rocky peak of the Stockhorn. The Alpine path classic Gurnigel-Stockhorn runs along this chain. The views of the Bernese Alpine world, the Lake Thun and Simmental are unique and breathtaking. Your reward is the magnificent panorama from the 2190 m high Stockhorn.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Travel from your departure station with the BLS to "Thurnen". Here you change to the PostAuto line 323 and travel to "Gurnigel Wasserscheide", which is the the starting point of your hike.
Note: The hiking ticket is only valid for the PostAuto route (Line 323) from Thurnen, station at 8.35 a.m. to Gurnigel, Wasserscheide.
The path initially runs along an asphalted and then gravel Alpine road to Alp Obernünene. After this, the ascent to the Leiterepass to 1904 m begins. Once you have arrived at the pass, you will be rewarded with a fantastic view. Only now does the actual Alpine path to the gigantic Gantrisch chain begin. After passing Chuelouenen and Stierehütte, you will reach Oberi Walalp. You can buy a fine piece of Bernese Alpine cheese AOP at the organic Demeter alp, which is dotted with dairy cattle, cows, Alpine pigs and chickens.
The route now runs from Oberi Walalp to the final steep ascent along the north face passage on the Grat and finally to Stockhorn. Here you will be greeted by a glorious panorama just waiting to be enjoyed.
|Route||Gurnigel Wasserscheide – Leiterepass –
Oberi Walap – Stockhorn
||4 Std. 30 Min.|
|Degree of difficulty||medium|
|Height difference||+ 949 m / - 398 m|
After the hike, you will travel by a cable car from the Stockhorn peak to "Erlenbach im Simmental". After walking about 20 minutes to the station, the BLS will bring you back to your home station. The last descent of the Stockhorn cable car with train connection in Erlenbach is at 17.35.
Availability Today (Monday) open
The hiking ticket "Gurnigel-Stockhorn" is available from 29 July to 24 October 2021.
Given good weather and hiking path conditions, the offer can be extended until mid-November.
Subject to alterations
Stockhorn Alpine splendour supper, incl. train ride
- CHF 55.60 Adults
- CHF 28.30 Adults with Half Fare Travelcard
- CHF 16.00 Adults with GA Travelcard only descent with Stockhorn cable car, train and PostAuto are free
- CHF 28.30 Children (6 to 15.99 years)
- free Children with Junior Travelcard and Children’s Co-Travelcard
The following services are included in the hiking ticket:
- PostAuto: Thurnen station – Gurnigel Wasserscheide
- Stockhorn cable car: Descent Stockhorn – Erlenbach
- Travel to Thurnen or from Erlenbach is not included in the price.
- The hiking ticket is only available for the PostAuto connection from Thurnen, station from 8.35 p.m.
- The hiking ticket is only available in the BLS web shop.
- No further discounts are granted to groups.
- The transport services (PostAuto, aerial cable car, BLS) are free for children with a Junior Travelcard or Co-Travelcard.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Anita Brechbühl, besser bekannt als Travelita, schrieb im Sommer 2021 einen Erlebnisbericht über die Höhenwanderung vom Gurnigel aufs Stockhorn:
Während die Höhenwanderung im Gurnigelgebiet startet, bildet der Bahnhof Thurnen den eigentlichen Ausgangspunkt der Tour. Und genau in diesem beschaulichen Dorf mitten im Gürbetal bin ich aufgewachsen. Von hier aus transportiert die Postautolinie 323 wanderfreudige Menschen in die prächtigen Anhöhen des Naturparks Gantrisch. Weiter lesen