Discover the St. Beatus Caves
Discover the unique St. Beatus Caves with a tour guide or by yourself. Prepare to be enchanted by the unique shapes and colours of the stalagmites and stalactites which are highlighted in even more impressive fashion thanks to the new lighting and light installations.
The tour through the dripstone caves leads you through mighty dripstone formations, extensive halls and crevices. Prepare to be enchanted by the unique shapes and colours of the stalagmites and stalactites.
Opening times Today (Friday) open
Daily, from 13 June to 15 November 2020
St. Beatus Caves
Guided tours approx. every 30 to 45 minutes
Duration: 75 minutes
St. Beatus Caves Restaurant
Hot food until 16.00 hours
Pizza and snacks until 17.00 hours
Also open for groups in the evening subject to prior reservation
The St. Beatus Caves are open until 21.30 hours from 18 June to 19 September 2020. Benefit from the two combined offers “Sunset Caves Summer” and “Sunset Caves Sunset”, which include dinner and entry to the St. Beatus Caves.
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 18.00 Adults
- CHF 16.00 Adults with guest card (whole Bernese Oberland)
- CHF 49.00 Family card*
- CHF 10.00 Children (6 to 15.99 years)
- CHF 9.00 Children (6 to 15.99 years) with guest card (whole Bernese Oberland)
Sunset Caves Every Thursday evening from 18 June to 19 September 2020
- CHF 14.00 Entry from 18 hours
- CHF 45.00 Sunset Caves Summer
- CHF 42.00 Sunset Caves Sunset
Included in the price
Sunset Caves “Summer”
Entry to the St. Beatus Caves and dinner (soup / grilled chicken breast with herb butter and fresh salads / “Sommerfrische” (“summer getaway”) ice cream
Sunset Caves “Sunset”
Entry to the St. Beatus Caves and dinner (fresh salads / “Älpler Magronen” (Swiss-style macaroni) / iced coffee ice cream.
- Approximately 14 kilometres of the extensive cave network have been explored to date. Of these, one kilometre can be comfortably viewed, thanks to electric lighting and secure paths.
- NEW – the St. Beatus Caves are now even more spectacular thanks to new cave lighting & light installations
- Entry to the Caves Museum is included in the price.
- The constant year-round temperature in the caves is 8 to 10 degrees Celsius. We therefore recommend that you bring warm clothing for your visit. For safety reasons, pushchairs and wheelchairs are not permitted.
- From the St. Beatus Caves Panoramic Restaurant, guests enjoy a fantastic view over Lake Thun.
Sunset Caves For post-work relaxation
Enjoy the magical evening atmosphere in the Bernese Alps high above Lake Thun over a glass of wine or dinner. You can take a circular tour of the unique St. Beatus Caves either beforehand or afterwards (from 18.00 hours) at a discounted rate.
A beautiful stroll from the car park/bus stop takes you through the woods and up to the cave entrance (approx. 10 minutes). The trail leads across several bridges spanning the waterfall that gushes from the cave.
From the boat dock at Beatushöhle-Sundlauenen it is a short walk (approx. 25 minutes) to the entrance to the caves.In the summer months, you can now also reach the St. Beatus Caves by public transport in the evening: STI Line 21, running to Thun until 22.53 hours and to Interlaken until 22.01 hours.
Weather & webcam Today: sunny 6/14°