Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne
Everything for explorers
Fun, entertainment and fascination for the whole family – over 3,000 exhibits from the history of mobility, various train and flight simulators, multimedia shows and a giant map of Switzerland you can walk on make the Museum of Transport one of Switzerland's most popular museums. There is also a film theatre, planetarium and an exhibition on Swiss chocolate to round off this adventure-packed offer.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Opening times Today (Sunday) open
29 March to 24 October 2020
Daily, 10.00–18.00 hours
25 October 2020 to 28 March 2021
Daily 10.00–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Included in the offer price
- 20% reductionon on public transport fares to Lucerne Verkehrshaus and back
- 10% reduction on the price of admission
Entry to additional attractions such as the Film Theatre, Planetarium and Swiss Chocolate Adventure can be purchased at discounted rates on site or online (show your museum entry ticket at the ticket desk).
Things to see and do at the Swiss Museum of Transport
- Fly in a helicopter and jet simulator in the Aviation and Space Travel Hall.
- Train simulators in the Rail Transport Hall (including the Lötschberg mountain line).
- “i-factory”, understanding IT through quizzes and games.
- Produce your own radio and TV shows in the Media Factory.
- Car theatre and crash test in the Road Transport Hall.
- Swissarena, the biggest aerial photograph of Switzerland you can walk on.