Discover the St. Beatus Caves
Discover the unique St. Beatus Caves with a tour guide or by yourself.
The tour through the dripstone caves leads you through mighty dripstone formations, extensive halls and crevices. Prepare to be enchanted by the unique shapes and colours of the stalagmites and stalactites.
Opening times Today (Friday) open
Daily, from 16 March to 10 November 2019
St. Beatus Caves
Guided tours approx. every 30 to 45 minutes
Duration: 75 minutes
St. Beatus Caves Restaurant
Hot food until 16.00 hours
Pizza and snacks until 17.00 hours
Also open for groups in the evening subject to prior reservation
Subject to change without prior notice
Special offer with 10% discount
Buy a return journey by public transport and benefit from: 10% discount on your leisure activity. Available online or from every ticket counter in Switzerland as a RailAway combined offer.
- CHF 18.00 Adults
- CHF 16.00 Adults with guest card (whole Bernese Oberland)
- CHF 10.00 Children (6 to 15.99 years)
- CHF 9.00 Children (6 to 15.99 years) with guest card (whole Bernese Oberland)
- CHF 49.00 Family card*
- Approximately 14 kilometres of the extensive cave network have been explored to date. Of these, one kilometre can be comfortably viewed, thanks to electric lighting and secure paths.
- Entry to the Caves Museum is included in the price.
- The constant year-round temperature in the caves is 8 to 10 degrees Celsius. We therefore recommend that you bring warm clothing for your visit. For safety reasons, pushchairs and wheelchairs are not permitted.
- From the St. Beatus Caves Panoramic Restaurant, guests enjoy a fantastic view over Lake Thun.
- A beautiful stroll from the car park/bus stop takes you through the woods and up to the cave entrance (approx. 10 minutes). The trail leads across several bridges spanning the waterfall that gushes from the cave.
- From the boat dock at Beatushöhle-Sundlauenen it is a short walk (approx. 25 minutes) to the entrance to the caves.
Weather & webcam Today: fair weather 13/21°