Classic walk: Gemmipass Sunnbüel
The historic link between the Bernese Oberland and Valais offers spectacular views.
The starting point is either Kandersteg or Leukerbad. This mountain walk is impressive in either direction, and also suitable for families. From Kandersteg, the Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway will take you to Sunnbüel. Via Spittelmatte, the route leads towards the Berghotel Schwarenbach, through the landscape of rôche moutonnées and down to the Daubensee (lake). The rocky slope then takes you up to the Gemmipass plateau, where you can enjoy the views out onto Valais’ giant mountains.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
- Special offer with 30% discount Buy a return journey by public transport and benefit from a 30% discount on your cablecar ride
From the mountain station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway, you can undertake a variety of hikes and walks.
- Arvenseeli: Stroll to the three deep-blue little melt-water lakes. Duration, circular walk: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gällihorn: Mountain trail to the look-out summit with views into Kandertal and the snow-covered peak of the Balmhorn. Option to descend into the Ueschinental Valley. Sunnbüel-Gällihorn: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gurnigel: Descent past the Schwarzbach Ravine into the wildly romantic Gasterntal Valley and past the Kander-Klus waterfall to the valley station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway. Duration: approx. 2 hours
RailAway Offer – Gemmipass Walk
Buy a return journey by public transport and benefit from 30% reduction on the ascent and descent.
Included in the offer Price:
- Variante 1: Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway and return (30%).
- Variante 2 (as of 29.06.2019): Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway (30%) and Gemmipass–Leukerbad cableway (30%)
Reduced-price offer can be purchased either online or from the departure station.
Prices cableway Kandersteg–Sunnbüel and cableway Gemmipass–Leukerbad
- CHF 35.00 Adults instead of CHF 50.00
- CHF 17.50 Children / GA / Half-Fare / Swisscart instead of CHF 25.00
Prices cableway Kandersteg–Sunnbüel retour
- CHF 25.20 Adults instead of CHF 36.00
- CHF 12.60 Children / GA / Half-Fare / Swisscart instead of CHF 18.00
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Deep-blue Lake Oeschinen lying in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hidden Arven lakes on Sunnbüel, and the inviting Allmenalp above its four waterfalls. It’s not only the MagicBlue Pass that raises the curtain on these three natural stages in Kandersteg. Because hotel guests can now also enjoy excursions to the magic of the Alps without any worries – from three overnight stays in Kandersteg, mountain transport is included in the price.
- MagicBlue-Pass 1 PASS, 2 LAKES, 3 CABLE CARS (Oeschinensee, Sunnbüel, Allmenalp)
- MagicBlue + From just 3 overnight stays, enjoy MagicBlue experiences for free.
Offer valid from 29 May to 31 October 2021
Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway, summer
29 May to 25 June 2021 09.00–17.00 hours
26 June to 15 August 2021 08.00–18.00 hours
16 August to 19 September 2021 08.30–17.00 hours
20 September to 31 October 2021 09.00–17.00 hours
23 May to 7 November 2021
Subject to change without prior notice