Classic walk: Gemmipass Sunnbüel
The historic link between the Bernese Oberland and Valais offers spectacular views.
The starting point is either Kandersteg or Leukerbad. This mountain walk is impressive in either direction, and also suitable for families. From Kandersteg, the Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway will take you to Sunnbüel. Via Spittelmatte, the route leads towards the Berghotel Schwarenbach, through the landscape of rôche moutonnées and down to the Daubensee (lake). The rocky slope then takes you up to the Gemmipass plateau, where you can enjoy the views out onto Valais’ giant mountains.
Benefit from the following when you purchase travel to and from the event by public transport at the same time:
- Variante 1: Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway and return (30%).
- Variante 2: Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway (30%) and Gemmipass–Leukerbad cableway (30%)
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
From the mountain station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway, you can undertake a variety of hikes and walks.
- Arvenseeli: Stroll to the three deep-blue little melt-water lakes. Duration, circular walk: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gällihorn: Mountain trail to the look-out summit with views into Kandertal and the snow-covered peak of the Balmhorn. Option to descend into the Ueschinental Valley. Sunnbüel-Gällihorn: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gurnigel: Descent past the Schwarzbach Ravine into the wildly romantic Gasterntal Valley and past the Kander-Klus waterfall to the valley station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway. Duration: approx. 2 hours
Availability Today (Saturday) open
Offer valid from 28 May to 30 October 2022
Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway, summer
28 May to 24 June 2022 09.00–17.00 hours
25 June to 14 August 2022 08.00–18.00 hours
15 August to 18 September 2022 08.30–17.00 hours
19 September to 30 October 2022 09.00–17.00 hours
04 June to 24 June 2022, 08.30–17.00 hours
25 June to 11 September 2022, 08.00–18.00 hours
12 September to 09 October 2022, 08.30–17.00 hours
10 October to 06 November 2022, 09.00–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice