Classic walk: Gemmipass Sunnbüel
30% cheaper traveling on aerial cableways
This mountain walk between the Bernese Oberland and Valais offers spectacular views. The starting point is either Kandersteg or Leukerbad. This mountain walk is impressive in either direction, and also suitable for families. From Kandersteg, the Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway will take you to Sunnbüel. Via Spittelmatte, the route leads towards the Berghotel Schwarenbach, through the landscape of rôche moutonnées and down to the Daubensee (lake). The rocky slope then takes you up to the Gemmipass plateau, where you can enjoy the views out onto Valais’ giant mountains.
The hike can be started in Kandersteg or Leukerbad. Both starting points can be easily reached by train and bus.
Benefit from the following when you purchase travel to and from the event by public transport at the same time:
- Variante 1: Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway and return (30%)
- Option 2: Cable car ride Kandersteg-Sunnbüel (30%) and cable car ride Gemmipass-Leukerbad (30%)
The hiking possibilities
From the mountain station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway, you can undertake a variety of hikes and walks.
- Arvenseeli: Stroll to the three deep-blue little melt-water lakes. The small lakes owe their name to the surrounding Swiss stone pine trees. Depending on the amount of snow, they carry water for a shorter or longer period in spring and early summer. In the height of summer, the Arvenseeli are dried up. At the last little lake, there are benches and a well-equipped fireplace with firewood. Duration, circular walk: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gällihorn: Mountain trail to the look-out summit with views into Kandertal and the snow-covered peak of the Balmhorn. Option to descend into the Ueschinental Valley. Sunnbüel-Gällihorn: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gurnigel: Descent past the Schwarzbach Ravine into the wildly romantic Gasterntal Valley and past the Kander-Klus waterfall to the valley station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway. Duration: approx. 2 hours
Availability Today (Tuesday) open
Offer valid from 27 May to 29 October 2023
Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway, summer
27 May to 23 June 2023 09.00–17.00 hours
24 June to 13 August 2023 08.00–18.00 hours
14 August to 17 September 2023 08.30–17.00 hours
18 September to 29 October 2023 09.00–17.00 hours
27 May to 30 June 2023, 08.30–17.00 hours
1 July to 10 September 2023, 08.00–18.00 hours
11 September to 8 October 2023, 08.30–17.00 hours
9 October to 5 November 2023, 09.00–17.00 hours