Classic walk: Gemmipass Sunnbüel
The historic link between the Bernese Oberland and Valais offers spectacular views.
The starting point is either Kandersteg or Leukerbad. This mountain walk is impressive in either direction, and also suitable for families. From Kandersteg, the Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway will take you to Sunnbüel. Via Spittelmatte, the route leads towards the Berghotel Schwarenbach, through the landscape of rôche moutonnées and down to the Daubensee (lake). The rocky slope then takes you up to the Gemmipass plateau, where you can enjoy the views out onto Valais’ giant mountains.
RailAway Offer – Gemmipass Walk
Buy a return journey by public transport and benefit from 30% reduction on the ascent and descent.
Included in the offer Price:
- Variante 1: Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway and return (30%, only available at the ticket counter).
- Variante 2 (as of 29.06.2019): Kandersteg–Sunnbüel cableway (30%) and Gemmipass–Leukerbad cableway (20%)
Reduced-price offer can be purchased either online or from the departure station.
Prices cableway Kandersteg–Sunnbüel retour
- CHF 36.00 Adults
- CHF 18.00 Children / GA / Half-Fare / Swisscart
- CHF 6.00 Dogs
Prices cableway Kandersteg–Sunnbüel and cableway Gemmipass–Leukerbad
- CHF 62.00 Adults
- CHF 31.00 Children / GA / Half-Fare / Swisscart
- CHF 6.00 Dogs
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
From the mountain station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway, you can undertake a variety of hikes and walks.
- Arvenseeli: Stroll to the three deep-blue little melt-water lakes. Duration, circular walk: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gällihorn: Mountain trail to the look-out summit with views into Kandertal and the snow-covered peak of the Balmhorn. Option to descend into the Ueschinental Valley. Sunnbüel-Gällihorn: approx. 1.5 hours
- Gurnigel: Descent past the Schwarzbach Ravine into the wildly romantic Gasterntal Valley and past the Kander-Klus waterfall to the valley station of the Sunnbüel aerial cableway. Duration: approx. 2 hours
Availability Today (Monday) open
Offer valid from 30 May to 1st November 2020
Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway, summer
30 May to 26 June 2020 08.30–17.00 hours
27 June to 20 September 2020 08.00–18.00 hours
21 September to 1st November 2020 08.30–17.30 hours
30 May to 8 November 2020 08.30–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Weather & webcam Today: light showers 14/19°