Kandersteg circular trails
The circular walking trails through the village offer an attractive alternative if the weather is poor or if you are suffering from tired legs.
Kandersteg is some 4 km in length and runs parallel to the River Kander. Enjoy the views of the surrounding treetops and the UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are also three barrier-free circular walking trails to choose from.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Kandersteg circular trails
There are three different routes to choose from, each passing by interesting parts of the village. The 26 stopping points are all well signposted and very easy to explore thanks to the helpful brochure featuring pictures and text descriptions.
Walking time: 1–2 hours depending on the route
All year round. Parts of the trails are suitable for buggies or wheelchairs.
Kandersteg circular trails brochure: The brochure is available free of charge from the Tourist Center Kandersteg or the BLS Travel Centre, or you can download it as a PDF using the link below.
Barrier-free circular walking trails
The barrier-free circular trails feature three different difficulty levels. These are based on the requirements set out by Mobility International Switzerland (MIS) in collaboration with the Swiss Hiking Trail Federation and described in its written materials.
- Circular trail 441 Wageti circular trail Level of difficulty: easy, practically level, a brief incline Walking time: approx. 1.5 hours Route: 4 kilometres
- Circular trail 442 Oeschigässli-Kander circular trail Level of difficulty: medium, light continuous incline at beginning Walking time: approx. 1.5 hours Route: 3.5 kilometres
- Circular trail 443 Oeschiwald circular trail Level of difficulty: difficult, frequent inclines/declines, predominantly natural paths Walking time: approx. 1.5 hours Route: 2.7 kilometres
Accessibility: the trails’ suitability for wheelchair-users is guaranteed from May to October.
Availability Today (Tuesday) open
Deep-blue Lake Oeschinen lying in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hidden Arven lakes on Sunnbüel, and the inviting Allmenalp above its four waterfalls. It’s not only the MagicBlue Pass that raises the curtain on these three natural stages in Kandersteg. Because hotel guests can now also enjoy excursions to the magic of the Alps without any worries – from three overnight stays in Kandersteg, mountain transport is included in the price.
- MagicBlue-Pass 1 PASS, 2 LAKES, 3 CABLE CARS (Oeschinensee, Sunnbüel, Allmenalp)
- MagicBlue + From just 3 overnight stays, enjoy MagicBlue experiences for free.