Skiing in Gstaad
200 kilometres of skiing pleasure nestled between 1000 and 3000 metres above sea level.
The destination of Gstaad stands for enjoyable skiing experiences on varied dream pistes. Charming chalet villages adorn the entrance to the various ski areas: family village ski lifts, kilometres of downhill runs and the only glacier ski area in the Bernese Oberland where winter sports can be practised from the end of October to the beginning of May.
The RegioExpress Lötschberger will take you from Berne to Zweisimmen in just 80 minutes without having to change trains. Thanks to the RailAway combination, public transport travellers benefit from a 20% discount on the day ski pass.
Zweisimmen, Sannenmöser, Gstaad or Glacier 3000 - these are just a few of the ski resorts that are part of the Gstaad destination. The 200 kilometres of ski slopes offer the right experience for every skier: Glacier 3000 offers a glacier feeling, while fans of ski arenas will find the Rinderberg, Lengebrand, Saanerslochgrat, Hornberg and Horneggli just right. The Eggli-La Videmanette area is recommended for connoisseurs. The Tiger Run, the steepest slope, is on the Wasserngrat. The ski safari Rinderberg Ronda combines three mountains and valleys without using a piste or cable car twice.
Take advantage of the RailAway offer with a reduction of 20% on the ski pass and 20% on the rail fare. Benefit from the discount when you travel there and back by public transport, e.g. with a Day Pass, a supersaver ticket or a regional or GA travelcard.
The advantages for you:
- 20% reduction on the 1-or 2-day ski pass (1-day ski pass valid for sector 1 and 2-day ski pass valid for sectors 1 and 2).
- 15% reduction at Intersport Rent.
- 20% reduction on the journey to Rossinière or Zweisimmen and back (valid on travel days up to 23.12.19 and from 1.3.20 to the end of the season).
Reduiced prices for the ski pass 1 day
- CHF 59.20 Adults instead of CHF 74.00
- CHF 48.00 Young people (16 - 19.99 years) instead of CHF 60.00
- CHF 33.60 Children (6 - 15.99 years) instead of CHF 41.00
- CHF 54.40 Retiress instead of CHF 67.00
Where kann I buy the special offer ?
Can i skip the queues thanks to the special offer ?
Yes, to skip the queues at the point of sales and access directly to the slopes you can load your ski pass onto the SwissPass
14 December 2019 to 13 April 2020
Subject to change without prior notice
Overview of planned cable car operating dates for the ski areas in the Gstaad skiing region:
Dynamic pricing system
Early booking pays off - new price system for ski tickets!
Starting this winter, Bergbahnen Destination Gstaad is implementing a new dynamic pricing system for ski day and multi-day tickets. It's worth booking early! Secure your ski pass today at www.gstaad.ch/skitickets and benefit from attractive early booking discounts.
Price example for the ski pass 1 day
- From CHF 49.00 Adults
- From CHF 40.00 Young people (16 - 19.99 years) instead of CHF 60.00
- From CHF 28.00 Children (6 - 15.99 years) instead of CHF 41.00
- From CHF 45.00 Retiress
Prices in CHF per person. Prices and products subject to alteration.
Gstaad skiing region: Facts and figures
- Snow sport 1,000–3,000 metres above sea level
- 200 km of pistes
- 41 cableways and lifts
- Degrees of difficulty: 58% blue, 27% red, 15% black slopes
- 180 km of cross-country skiing trails
- 185 km of winter hiking trails
- 10 snow sport schools
- 7 children’s learning parks
- 3 snow parks
Skiing and snowboarding
Freestylers who visit “Gstaad Snow Park” on Hornberg mountain will experience a top-class snow park with obstacles for every degree of difficulty. Further information on Gstaad Snow Park.
BMW xDrive Cup ski movie route: Permanent giant slalom racing course with time-keeping at Saanerslochgrat.
With approximately 180 kilometres of cross-country trails (classic and skate), the Gstaad region is a top destination for cross-country skiing in Switzerland. The various cross-country ski areas in the region offer trails in every degree of difficulty. Both classic cross-country skiing and skate skiing fans are sure to get their money’s worth
- The RegioExpress Lötschberger offers you a direct journey from Bern to Zweisimmen without having to change trains.
- Guaranteed snow reliability with snow-making on 60% of the main pistes on Rinderberg, Saanerslochgrat/Hornberg, Horneggli, Wasserngrat/Eggli/Wispile, Olden and La Videmanette.
- The Rinderberg Ronda ski safari allows you to explore three mountains and valleys without having to use the same piste or cableway twice.
- Those who love to ski at night can do so on Rinderberg mountain during the peak season in winter. For further information, please view the offer for “Night-time skiing on Rinderberg mountain”.
Klangpiste - experience alpine authenticity in the snow as you please
The Klangpiste between the middle and valley stations on the Saanerslochgrat provides even more fun for skiing. On elements such as milk cans and cow bells, skiers can produce sounds to their heart's content. They do not represent typical musical instruments, but create a direct link to life and business on the mountain.
Weather & webcam Today: thunderstorm 14/24°