Skiing in Gstaad
200 kilometres of great pistes, nestled in the mountains between 1,000 and 3,000 metres above sea level.
Destination Gstaad is famed for its great ski adventures on varied, idyllic pistes. Charming chalet villages adorn the entry points to the various sub-sections of the ski resort: friendly village ski-lifts, kilometre-long descents and the only glacier ski region in the Bernese Oberland, where winter sports are available from late October until early May.
The RegioExpress Bern - Spiez - Zweisimmen will take you from Berne to Zweisimmen in just 80 minutes without having to change trains. Zweisimmen, Sannenmöser, Gstaad or Glacier 3000 - these are just a few of the ski resorts that are part of the Gstaad destination. The 200 kilometres of ski slopes offer the right experience for every skier: Glacier 3000 offers a glacier feeling, while fans of ski arenas will find the Rinderberg, Lengebrand, Saanerslochgrat, Hornberg and Horneggli just right. The Eggli-La Videmanette area is recommended for connoisseurs. The Tiger Run, the steepest slope, is on the Wasserngrat. The ski safari Rinderberg Ronda combines three mountains and valleys without using a piste or cable car twice.
Profitieren Sie beim gleichzeitigen Kauf der An- und Rückreise mit dem ÖV von folgenden Vorteilen:
- 10% Ermässigung auf den 1-Tages-Skipass für die Region Gstaad
- 20% Ermässigung auf die Fahrt nach Rougemont oder Zweisimmen und zurück. Gültig an Reisetagen bis 23. Dezember 2022 und ab 1. März 2023 bis Saisonende
- 15% Rabatt auf die Miete Ihrer Skiausrüstung
Gstaad skiing region: Facts and figures
- Snow sport 1,000–3,000 metres above sea level
- 200 km of pistes
- 41 cableways and lifts
- Degrees of difficulty: 58% blue, 27% red, 15% black slopes
- 180 km of cross-country skiing trails
- 185 km of winter hiking trails
- 10 snow sport schools
- 7 children’s learning parks
- 3 snow parks
Skiing and snowboarding
Freestylers who visit “Gstaad Snow Park” on Hornberg mountain will experience a top-class snow park with obstacles for every degree of difficulty. Further information on Gstaad Snow Park.
UYN ski movie route: Permanent giant slalom racing course with time-keeping at Saanerslochgrat.
With approximately 180 kilometres of cross-country trails (classic and skate), the Gstaad region is a top destination for cross-country skiing in Switzerland. The various cross-country ski areas in the region offer trails in every degree of difficulty. Both classic cross-country skiing and skate skiing fans are sure to get their money’s worth
- The RegioExpress Berne - Spiez - Zweisimmen offers you a direct journey from Bern to Zweisimmen without having to change trains.
- Guaranteed snow reliability with snow-making on 60% of the main pistes on Rinderberg, Saanerslochgrat/Hornberg, Horneggli, Wasserngrat/Eggli/Wispile, Olden and La Videmanette.
- The Rinderberg Ronda ski safari allows you to explore three mountains and valleys without having to use the same piste or cableway twice.
- Those who love to ski at night can do so on Rinderberg mountain during the peak season in winter. For further information, please view the offer for “Night-time skiing on Rinderberg mountain”.
- The ski lockers at the Rinderberg valley station in Zweisimmen are being renewed.
Klangpiste - experience alpine authenticity in the snow as you please
The Klangpiste between the middle and valley stations on the Saanerslochgrat provides even more fun for skiing. On elements such as milk cans and cow bells, skiers can produce sounds to their heart's content. They do not represent typical musical instruments, but create a direct link to life and business on the mountain.
10 December 2022 to 2 April 2023
Subject to change without prior notice
Overview of planned cable car operating dates for the ski areas in the Gstaad skiing region:
- Cable car operating dates for the Gstaad skiing region
- Gstaad piste report Here you can find out the current status of the pistes
How to get there
The valley stations are each located five minutes’ walk from the respective train stations (Zweisimmen, Saanemöser, Schönried and Gstaad, Eggli valley station).
- Destination Gstaad
- +41 33 748 81 81
- Gstaad Saanenland Tourismus www.gstaad.ch