King's way tour at the Emmental Show Dairy
Discover the home of Emmentaler AOP on the King’s way.
Take the new interactive tour and learn about the history of the brand and how Emmentaler AOP is made. Find out how the master cheesemakers transform high-quality raw milk into the most famous cheese in the world. The highlight is a special tasting of the original Emmentaler AOP right at the very heart of our production facility and maturing cellars. So... are you interested in finding out what the cow, mouse and cheesemaker have to say?
Travel comfortably by train to Hasle-Rüegsau or Huttwil, and then continue by bus to 'Affoltern i.E., Dorf'. In just a 4-minute walk, you'll reach the Emmental Show Dairy.
Rates King's way
- CHF 16.50 Adults
- CHF 8.50 Teenagers (12–17.99 years)
- free Children (up to 11.99 years)
Opening hours Today (Wednesday) open
Open daily 365 days: 09.00–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
- The self-guided tour takes approximately 25 minutes and is available every day during the opening hours.
- Languages: The King’s way tour is also available in French and English as well as German.
- Suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
- Further offers in the Emmental show dairy, such as fresh cheese and making your own Stöckli cheese, etc.
How to get here
Travel comfortably by train to Hasle-Rüegsau, and from there take bus no. 471 to the 'Affoltern i.E., Dorf' stop. In just a 4-minute walk, you'll reach the Emmental Show Dairy.