Walk to the Alpine Garden, Tschentenalp and the Schwandfeldspitz
A hike with plenty of sights and a visit to the Alpine garden. With a bit of luck, you might be able to see marmots in their natural habitat.
Enjoy the spectacular flowers in the Alpine garden, which is a half-hour walk from Adelboden via Höreliweg. If you head towards Mösere and keep walking for another hour, you will reach Tschentenalp. After the forested section, keep a sharp look out – you might well get the chance to spot marmots! Then, once you’ve enjoyed a break at the Tschentenalp mountain restaurant, it’s just a 20-minute walk to the Schwandfeldspitz. While the last few metres may feel like a struggle, the climb is worth it for the spectacular view.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Availability Today (Wednesday) open
Opening hours Tschentenalpbahn gondola cableway and Restaurant Tschentenalp
08/09 May 2021
13-16 May 2021 (Ascension Day)
22-24 May 2021
29/30 May 2021
4-6 June 2021
12 June to 30 June 2021
Thursday - Sunday open from 09.00 to 17.00, every 15 minutes. Last ascent 16.45 h, last descent 17.00 h
1 July to 24 October 2021
Daily from 09.00 to 17.00 hours, every 15 minutes. Last ascent 16.45 h, last descent 17.00 h
Expected fall season 2021:
25 october to 5 december 2021
Monday and Tuesday closed
Wednesday to Friday from 09.00 to 15.00, every 15 minutes. Last ascent 16.45 h, last descent 17.00 h.
Saturday and Sunday from 09.00 - 17.00, every 15 minutes. Last ascent 16.45 h, last descent 17.00 h
subject to changes without prior notice
Village-GUB gondola cableway (with concession*)
- CHF 13.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 19.00 Adults, return
- CHF 8.50 Children (aged 6 to 16), one-way
- CHF 11.00 Children (aged 6 to 16), return
Village-GUB gondola cableway (without concession)
- CHF 16.50 Adults, one-way
- CHF 24.00 Adults, return
- CHF 10.00 Children (aged 6 to 16), one-way
- CHF 14.50 Children (aged 6 to 16), return
* Concessions granted for: Half-Fare travelcard, GA travelcard, Junior/Children’s Co-travelcard, families (min. three people), seniors, groups, local residents
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
- Walking time: 1 hour 30 minutes to the Restaurant Tschentenalp / Plus a further 20 minutes to the Schwandfeldspitz
- Elevation difference: An elevation difference of 450 metres to Tschentenalp and 100 metres from Tschentenalp to the Schwandfeldspitz
- Not suitable with pushchairs
- Suitable for conventional and electric bikes as far as Tschentenalp
- Restaurant with the loveliest terrace in Adelboden
How to get there
Take the train to Frutigen. From the railway station, the AFA bus number 230 towards Adelboden will take you to the stop Adelboden post.
The Tschentenalp valley station is located in the center of Adelboden.