Franz Gertsch Museum in Burgdorf
The museum in the heart of the city
On display at the museum are works by the internationally renowned Swiss artist Franz Gertsch, as well as temporary exhibitions featuring the works of artists from Switzerland and abroad.
The museum’s collection focuses on Franz Gertsch’s large-format woodcuts on Japan paper and his monumental paintings (from 1986 onwards). “The Four Seasons” cycle is unique here. It consists of a section of forest photographed in spring, summer, autumn and winter and displayed on 3x5-metre canvases, whereby the photos can easily be mistaken for paintings.
Tue–Fri 10.00–18.00 hours
Sat–Sun 10.00–17.00 Hours
Subject to change without prior notice
On Saturdays adults pay only CHF 12.00 as entry fee
- CHF 16.00 Adults
- CHF 12.00 Students (up to 18.99 years old)
- Free Free admission**
- Free Children up to 10.99 years old
- CHF 12.00 Concession*
- CHF 12.00 Saturday price
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
How to get there
Travel comfortably to Burgdorf by train.
- Free tours (normal admission prices apply):
Wed. 17.00 hours, Sun. 11.00 / 14.00 hours (each tour is 60 minutes.), Thurs. 12.30 hours (20 min.).
- Special guided tours: Every 1st Sunday of the month 3.00 p.m. (60 min. each)
- Children’s workshop (aged 5 and over), every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 14.00–16.30 hours, CHF 10.00 (includes admission).
- The museum’s artcafé creates a link between art and culinary enjoyment.
- The Franz Gertsch Museum is located near the old slaughterhouse, which houses the museum dedicated to the sculptor Bernhard Luginbühl. It is also near the impressive Burgdorf Castle, which includes the Castle Museum, the Helvetian Museum of Gold and the Museum of Ethnology.
- Museum Franz Gertsch
- +41 34 421 40 20
- Museum Franz Gertsch www.museum-franzgertsch.ch