Walking route to the Grimmiwasser healing springs
Small mountain lakes, rare Alpine flowers and the iron-enriched waters of the springs act as natural energisers.
This mountain path up to Alp Grimmi climbs through the Alpine forest in a series of bends. At the top, there are views over an impressive high plateau. The simple mountain restaurant is a lovely place in which to linger. On the mountain path to Uelis Grimmi, the route crosses the site of the healing springs with its wild high Alpine character. At the end of the 19th century, the red water of the springs was brought down to the former Grand Hotel Grimmialp, where it was used for its healing powers. The path continues via the Stierenberg and Nidegg Alpine meadows back to the starting point.
The route can be followed from June to October.
The chairlift of the Grimmialp mountain railways provides a comfortable ascent or descent. This reduces the walking time substantially. (Please note the operating hours as the chairlift runs only on weekends and during warmer weather: visit grimmialp.ch)
Opening Hours Grimmialp chairlift
8 June to 13 October 2019,
every Saturday and Sunday and on public holidays, 10.00−16.00 hours
In addition, on the following days:
Fri 12/19/26 July 2019, 2/9 August 2019 (summer holidays), 27 September 2019, 4/11 October 2019 (autumn holidays), 10.00−16.00 hours
Thu 1 August 2019, Sunday 1 September 2019, 09.00−16.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 12.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 19.00 Adults, return
- CHF 5.00 Children, one-way
- CHF 10.00 Children, return
- CHF 17.00 Family with an adult one-way
- CHF 26.00 Family with an adult retour
- CHF 28.00 Family with two adults one-way
- CHF 44.00 Family with two adults retour
- Hike: the 4-hour ascending walking route starts at the Senggiweid car park, 400 m after the final Postbus stop at “Grimmialp, Spillgerten”.
- Route: 11.5 km
Duration: 4:00 h
Ascent/descent: 674 metres of elevation
- Food and drink options: at the start or end of the circular walk at the restaurants on the Grimmialp and along the way at the Grimmi and Stierenberg mountain restaurants (see opening times)
Weather & webcam Today: snowfall -1/2°