Franz Gertsch Museum
The museum in the heart of Burgdorf
On display at the museum are works by the internationally renowned Swiss artist Franz Gertsch, as well as temporary exhibitions featuring the works of artists from Switzerland and abroad.
Opening times Today (Sunday) open
The attraction is open all year.
Tue–Fri 10.00–18.00 hours
Sat–Sun 10.00–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 16.00 Admission to Franz Gertsch Museum Adults
- CHF 12.00 Admission to Franz Gertsch Museum Children 10.99-15.99 years
- CHF 12.00 Admission to Franz Gertsch Museum Students (16 - 17.99 years)
- CHF 12.00 Admission to Franz Gertsch Museum Retiree
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The museum’s collection focuses on Franz Gertsch’s large-format woodcuts on Japan paper and his monumental paintings (from 1986 onwards). “The Four Seasons” cycle is unique here. It consists of a section of forest photographed in spring, summer, autumn and winter and displayed on 3x5-metre canvases, whereby the photos can easily be mistaken for paintings.
- Free tours (normal admission prices apply):
Wed. 17.00 hours, Sun. 11.00 / 14.00 hours (each tour is 60 minutes.), Thurs. 12.30 hours (20 min.).
- Special exhibition Franz Gertsch. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter:
Mon, 11.3.- Sun 18.8.2019
- Architecture tour: 1x a month, Saturdays 14.00 (60 min. each) Dates and registration
- Children’s workshop (aged 5 and over), every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 14.00–16.30 hours, CHF 10.00 (includes admission).
- The museum’s artcafé creates a link between art and culinary enjoyment.
- The Franz Gertsch Museum is located near the old slaughterhouse, which houses the museum dedicated to the sculptor Bernhard Luginbühl. It is also near the impressive Burgdorf Castle, which includes the Castle Museum, the Helvetian Museum of Gold and the Museum of Ethnology.