Franz Gertsch Museum
The museum in the heart of Burgdorf
On display at the museum are works by the internationally renowned Swiss artist Franz Gertsch, as well as temporary exhibitions featuring the works of artists from Switzerland and abroad.
Opening hours Tomorrow Wednesday open
The attraction is open all year.
Wed.–Fri. 10.00–18.00 hours
Sat.–Sun. 10.00–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Admission to Franz Gertsch Museum
- CHF 12.00 Adults
- CHF 8.00 Concession*
- Free Free admission**
- CHF 8.00 Saturday is Museum Day
* Retirees, school pupils / students, children and teenagers aged 11-18.99 and groups of 6 or more
** Children up to the age of 10.99, visarte members, Museum Pass holders, Museums-Pass-Musée holders, Raiffeisen Card holders
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The museum’s collection focuses on Franz Gertsch’s large-format woodcuts on Japan paper and his monumental paintings (from 1986 onwards). “The Four Seasons” cycle is unique here. It consists of a section of forest photographed in spring, summer, autumn and winter and displayed on 3x5-metre canvases, whereby the photos can easily be mistaken for paintings.
- Free tours (normal admission prices apply):
Wed. 17.00 hours, Sun. 11.00 / 14.00 hours (each tour is 60 minutes.), Thurs. 12.30 hours (20 min.).
- Children’s workshop (aged 5 and over), every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month, 14.00–16.30 hours, CHF 10.00 (includes admission).
- The museum’s artcafé creates a link between art and culinary enjoyment.
- The Franz Gertsch Museum is located near the old slaughterhouse, which houses the museum dedicated to the sculptor Bernhard Luginbühl. It is also near the impressive Burgdorf Castle, which includes the Castle Museum, the Helvetian Museum of Gold and the Museum of Ethnology.
Weather & webcam Today: cloudy, sleet 3/3°