Ferden emergency stop area
Take a look inside the Lötschberg Base Tunnel
Learn more about the construction and operation of the Lötschberg Base Tunnel on a guided tour. A look behind the scenes promises many exciting and interesting things, such as:
- BLS Visitor Centre with a model of the Lötschberg Base Tunnel
- Trip in a minibus from Mitholz through the shell tunnel to Ferden
- Tour of the Ferden emergency stop and ventilation centre
- Tour of the Mitholz technical centre
- Coronavirus Due to the current situation (Covid-19), this offer is not available until further notice.
Availability Available on 25.08.2021
- Wednesday, 5th May 2021
- Wednesday, 25th August 2021
- Wednesday, 3rd November 2021
The registration is obligatory and only possible against prepayment via our webshop.
For groups of 6 persons or more, the offer can be booked daily on request.
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 29.00 Guided tour per participant per participant
Included in the price
- Guided tour
- Mineral water
- Lloan of a helmet and vest
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to Alteration / The journey to Frutigen is not included in the price
BLS Visitor Center, Obere Bahnhofstrasse 29, 3714 Frutigen
3 hours and 30 minutes (13.30–17.00 hours)
Minimum 6 people, maximum 28 people
Minimum age of 12 years, only in company of an adult, 12-15 years free of charge (registration required)
- Sturdy shoes
- A helmet, vest and mineral water are provided
- Walking distance in the tunnel: 1.5 kilometres.
Good physical fitness on the part of participants is assumed
(the temperature is 28°, humidity up to 80%)