School trips to the St. Beatus Caves
A visit to the St. Beatus Caves near Lake Thun makes an ideal excursion for school parties or groups.
For children, the journey there by boat and the visit to the caves and the Caves Museum ensure a fun and adventure-filled experience. Young and old alike will learn fascinating facts about the history, flora, fauna and exploration of the St. Beatus Caves.
Daily, from 16 March to 10 November 2019
St. Beatus Caves
Guided tours approx. every 30 to 45 minutes
Duration: 75 minutes
St. Beatus Caves Restaurant
Hot food until 16.00 hours
Pizza and snacks until 17.00 hours
Also open for groups in the evening subject to prior reservation
Subject to change without prior notice
Included in the offer price
- Travel at school rate in 2nd class by train to Thun or Interlaken West, then by ship to Beatushöhlen-Sundlauenen
- 10% reduction on theOne-day entry to the St. Beatus Caves including guided tour and visit to the Caves Museum
- For every 10th participant, the entire offer is free
Entrance fees for schools ( more than 10 people)
- CHF 9.00 Pupils (6-16 years) per person
- CHF 14.00 Pupils (17-25 years) per person
- CHF 16.00 Escorts
- CHF 150.00 Special guided tour
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to Alteration
- Approximately 14 kilometres of the extensive cave network have been explored to date. Of these, one kilometre can be comfortably viewed, thanks to electric lighting and secure paths.
- From the boat dock at Beatushöhle-Sundlauenen it is a short walk (approx. 25 minutes) to the entrance to the caves.
- The St. Beatus Caves can also be reached by bus (“Beatushöhlen” stop)
- Entry to the Caves Museum is included in the price.
- The constant year-round temperature in the caves is 8 to 10 degrees Celsius. We therefore recommend that you bring warm clothing for your visit.
- For safety reasons, pushchairs and wheelchairs are not permitted.
- Parties of 60 or more people will be divided into two groups for the guided tour.
- There is a large-scale barbecue facility and children’s playground near the Caves Museum.
Group travel arrangements
Weather & webcam Today: overcast, light rain 6/7°