Culinary outing to the Niederhorn
Are you a foodie type? Then Niederhorn mountain is the ideal destination for you. As well as the stunning views and the many hiking options, visitors can also enjoy a sophisticated selection of food and drink.
Visitors will experience both culinary delights and friendly hospitality thanks to the team at the Berghaus. As well as the carefully prepared food and drink options, the Berghaus also offers small but perfectly formed rooms with a unique panorama over the Bernese Alps. The offers available include evening excursions, Sunday brunch and a panorama breakfast.
Availability Today (Wednesday) open
The Niederhornbahn services run every day from 19 April to 10 November 2019.
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 56.00 From Beatenbucht (adults)
- CHF 51.00 From Beatenberg (adults)
- CHF 28.00 From Beatenbucht (children)
- CHF 25.50 From Beatenberg (children)
The Alpine ticket includes the evening excursion, including the cable car/funicular ticket and the Alpine buffet, exclusive of drinks, within the Berghaus
Evening excursion from 16.00 hours
- CHF 26.50 From Beatenbucht, return*
- CHF 20.00 From Beatenberg, return*
* Prices per person. The Niederhorn family discount is valid (so that only the parents and first child are charged, with each further child in the family travelling for free). Food and drink must be paid for at the Berghaus itself.
Sunday brunch including funicular/cable car ride
- CHF 62.00 From Beatenbucht (adults)
- CHF 52.00 From Beatenbucht (adults) with Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 57.00 From Beatenberg (adults)
- CHF 47.00 From Beatenberg (adults) with Half-Fare travelcard
Sunday brunch excluding funicular/cable car ride
- CHF 32.00 Adults
- CHF 7.50 Children up to the age of 6*
*Children aged 6 or over are charged CHF 2.00 for each additional year of their age
- CHF 21.50 Per person excluding funicular/cable car ride
Dogs travel free of charge on the funicular and cable car and must be kept on a lead.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration.
Every Friday and Saturday between 5 July and 29 September 2019, you can enjoy spending a summer’s evening on the Niederhorn. The funicular and cable car will transport you up to Niederhorn mountain, where the Berghaus restaurant serves its popular Alpine buffet. After a relaxing mountain experience, you can use the same transport options to return to your starting point at Beatenberg or Beatenbucht. Offer valid from 16.00 hours.
Guided herb walks
At 18.00 hours on 12 and 26 July and on 10 August 2019, guided herb walks will take place on Niederhorn mountain. Herbalist Markus Metzger will reveal many interesting facts about the native Alpine plants and herbs. He will also explain how they are used in homoeopathy and in cooking. The guided walk costs CHF 10.00. If you consume something at the Berghaus, an additional CHF 5.00 will be charged. No advance booking is required.
Why not start your trip on the Niederhorn with a hearty brunch? From 09.00 to 11.30 hours every Sunday and on public holidays (for guests arriving at the Berghaus by 10.30 hours), the Berghaus restaurant serves brunch including the following items: orange juice and a selection of hot drinks, croissants, Butterzopf plaited loaf and a selection of other breads, butter and jam, cheese, sausages and smoked salmon, yoghurt, Bircher muesli and fruit salad, various cereals with milk, warm egg dishes with sausage and fried bacon. Reservation required.
Start the day in a leisurely way... From Monday to Saturday, the Berghaus Niederhorn serves a fine panorama breakfast up to 11.00 hours.
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy 17/22°