Allmenalp–First–Golitschen–Kandersteg hiking route
Hike and enjoy the spectacular views over mountains, the Oeschinensee lake and the UNESCO Alpine world heritage site.
This well-signposted hiking route takes you through luscious Alpine meadows, past herds of sheep and close to the launchpad for the daredevil paragliders. Along the way, you’ll enjoy a series of stunning views over the Blüemlisalp massif, the deep blue waters of the Oeschinensee, and the UNESCO Swiss Alps world heritage site.
18 May to 20 October 2019
Kandersteg-Allmenalp cable car operating times
Daily, every 15 minutes
16 May to 12 June 2020
13 June to 16 August 2020
17 August to 6 September 2020
7 September to 18 October 2020
If the weather is good, operations will continue until later in October.
Travel is possible at unscheduled times by arrangement.
Subject to change without prior notice
Kandersteg-Allmenalp aerial cableway
- CHF 12.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 18.00 Adults, return
- CHF 9.00 Concession*, one-way
- CHF 14.00 Concession*, return
- CHF 6.00 Children, one-way (aged 6 to 15.99)
- CHF 9.00 Children, return (aged 6 to 15.99)
- CHF 9.00 Groups**, one-way
- CHF 14.00 Groups**, return
* Half-Fare travelcard, guest card, local residents, shareholders
** For groups of 10 or more. With groups of 10 or more, one person travels free.
Junior travelcard and Children’s Co-travelcard are not valid.Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The rather steep mountain path takes you to the peak of the mountain known as “First”. From these lofty heights, you can enjoy the splendid views towards Niesen and into the Engstligental Valley.
The descent via Stand leads via a rocky and steep path to the Golitschen Mountain Pass and to the Golitschenalp pastures (alternatively, you can descend to Elsigenalp). At the mountain hut on the Golitschenalp, refreshing drinks are served. Via a steep and narrow trail, you head from the Golitschenalp down to Kandersteg.
- Distance: 9.5 km
- Elevation difference: Allmenalp 1,723 m – First 2,548 m – Golitschenpass 2,160 m – Golitschenalp 1,833 m – Kandersteg 1,176 m
- Duration: approx. 5 hours 30 mins
- Starting point: Allmenalp cable car mountain station
- The descent from First mountain via Golitschen to Kandersteg is only suitable for experienced and sure-footed walkers.
- The trail can only be followed in dry weather as there is too high a risk of slippage at other times. Unsuitable in stormy, snowy or foggy conditions.
The Allmenalp offers a range of opportunities for observing the Alpine fauna and flora. For paragliding enthusiasts, the area is a veritable El Dorado.
From the Allmenalp, you look over the “Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch” UNESCO world heritage site.
Weather & webcam Today: overcast, light rain 1/3°