Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne
Open to explorers
Fun, entertainment and fascination for the whole family – over 3,000 exhibits from the history of mobility, various train and flight simulators, multimedia shows and a giant map of Switzerland you can walk on make the Museum of Transport one of Switzerland's most popular museums. There is also a film theatre, planetarium and an exhibition on Swiss chocolate to round off this adventure-packed offer.
Opening times Today (Wednesday) open
The Museum of Transport is open 365 days a year.
25 March to 28 October 2018
Daily, 10.00–18.00 hours
29 October 2018 to 23 March 2019
Daily 10.00–17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Included in the offer price
- 20% reductionon on public transport fares to Lucerne Verkehrshaus and back
- 10% reduction on the price of admission
During the Swiss City Marathon Lucerne on 28 October 2018, it isn’t possible to purchase tickets to the Museum of Transport because it serves as the finish line of the marathon.
Entry to additional attractions such as the Film Theatre, Planetarium and Swiss Chocolate Adventure can be purchased at discounted rates on site or online (show your museum entry ticket at the ticket desk).
Things to see and do at the Swiss Museum of Transport
- Fly in a helicopter and jet simulator in the Aviation and Space Travel Hall.
- Train simulators in the Rail Transport Hall (including the Lötschberg mountain line).
- “i-factory”, understanding IT through quizzes and games.
- Produce your own radio and TV shows in the Media Factory.
- Car theatre and crash test in the Road Transport Hall.
- Swissarena, the biggest aerial photograph of Switzerland you can walk on.