Lötschberg Base Tunnel
Visit this masterpiece of railway engineering
Catch a fascinating glimpse in the mountain: A minibus takes you from Frutigen into the tunnel system, where you can marvel at the Mitholz control centre. Experience the trains pass by – a special window in the tunnel wall ensures you won’t miss a thing. The test track which is to scale and the 320-metre wide intervention stairs at the north portal are also impressive.
Availability Available on 08.07.2020
- Wednesday, 1 / 8 / 15 / 22 / 29 July 2020
- Wednesday, August 5 / 19, 2020
- Wednesday, 2 / 30 September 2020
- Wednesday, 14 October 2020
- Wednesday, 18 November 2020
The registration is obligatory and only possible against prepayment via our webshop.
For groups of 6 persons or more, the offer can be booked daily on request.
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 27.00 Individual tour, per person pro Teilnehmer
Included in the price
- Guided tour
- Mineral water
- Lloan of a helmet and vest
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to Alteration / The journey to Frutigen is not included in the Price
6 to 28 participants
From 12 years accompanied by an adult (free of charge, registration required)
- Sturdy shoes
- Warm clothing
- A helmet, vest and mineral water are provided
- Walking distance in the tunnel: 1.5 kilometres.
Good physical fitness on the part of participants is assumed
(the temperature is 28°, humidity up to 80%)
BLS Visitor Centre in the historic Frutigen train station
3 hours (13.30–16.30 hours)
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy 15/21°