Visit to the Napf-Chäsi cheesemakers in Luthern
Look behind the scenes at the Napf-Chäsi cheese factory, and get an insight into the cheesemaker’s craft.
Using fine Alpine milk, approximately 20 varieties of cheese and a wide range of dairy products are produced. On a tour of the cheese-making plant, you will learn a number of interesting facts about the operations and be introduced to the secrets of cheese production. Needless to say, you’ll also get the opportunity to sample the cheese. It’s accompanied by Süssmost (unfermented fruit juice), “Luther” water and fresh bread. Many specialities and regional products are available directly from the cheese shop.
Opening times Available on 06.08.2020
Public guided tours
Every Thursday from 11.00 hours
(reserve by 18.00 hours on Wednesday)
Guided tours for groups
possible all year round by appointment (except Sundays).
Cheese shop opening times
Mon−Fri 06.30−12.00 hours and 13.30−18.30 hours
Sat 06.30−16.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Guided tour and cheese-tasting
- free Children up to 11.99 years
- CHF 6.00 Adults and Children from 12 years
- CHF 60.00 Group up to 10 persons Pauschale .
- CHF 6.00 Group from 11 to max. 20 Pers. per person.
Prices for individuals and groups according to group size available on request.
Discounts for school classes.
- Duration of the guided tour of the cheese factory incl. tasting: approx. 1.5 hr.
- On request, visit the heating plant in the nearby sawmill (approx. ½ hour extra)
- Further group offers available (“Make your own butter”; “Make your own cheese”)
- Cheese shop with 25 cheese varieties and a range of dairy specialities
Weather & webcam Today: rain 12/18°