Tobogganing under the starry sky on the Niederhorn
For high-speed night owls and laid-back connoisseurs
Benefit from the special offer on Friday and Saturday evenings for “Tobogganing under the starry sky” and fly on your toboggan from the Niederhorn mountain station down to the Vorsass middle station. Enjoy the ride under the stars as you gaze out towards Lake Thun and the Bernese Alps with the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains in the distance. Those who wish to combine tobogganing under the starry sky with dinner can book the “Tobogganing under the starry sky PLUS” package and enjoy a fine fondue in the Berghaus Niederhorn.
Availability Available on 21.12.2019
Every Friday and Saturday evening from 21 December 2019 to 7 March 2020.
Information on the programme can be obtained from Niederhornbahn (see Contact).
Subject to change without prior notice
Tobogganing under the starry sky Adults
- CHF 32.00 From Beatenberg
- CHF 37.00 From Beatenbucht
- CHF 42.00 From Thun or Interlaken West
Tobogganing under the starry sky Children*
- CHF 16.00 From Beatenberg
- CHF 18.50 From Beatenbucht
- CHF 21.00 From Thun or Interlaken West
Tobogganing under the starry sky PLUS Adults
- CHF 56.00 From Beatenberg
- CHF 61.00 From Beatenbucht
- CHF 66.00 From Thun or Interlaken West
Tobogganing under the starry sky PLUS Children*
- CHF 28.00 From Beatenberg
- CHF 30.50 From Beatenbucht
- CHF 33.00 From Thun or Interlaken West
* Children aged 6 to 16
Included in the price
- Transport ticket for Niederhornbahn AG
- Toboggan hire
- Bus or Postbus journey from/to Thun or Interlaken West
Tobogganing under the starry sky PLUS additionally
- Fondue in the Berghaus Niederhorn (excl. drinks)
- Mulled wine in the Bärgrestaurant Vorsass
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Tobogganing under the starry sky
- Duration: approx. 40 min.
- Distance: 3 kilometres
- Elevation difference: 400 metres
Tobogganing under the starry sky is suitable for children from the age of 10.
Toboggans are available at the Niederhornbahn mountain station.
Reservations must be made by 15.00 hours on the day of the event. On-site ticket purchases from 16.00 hours.
Winter clothing and good sturdy shoes are mandatory. Headlamps and helmets are recommended. Stylish headlamps can be purchased at the Beatenbucht and Beatenberg valley stations.
You will receive a phone call sometime after 16.00 hours if weather conditions are uncertain, if there are storms in the area or if an insufficient number of people have registered for a tour.
Why not extend your excursion after tobogganing under the starry sky and stay overnight in one of the small but lovely rooms in the Berghaus Niederhorn, with a one-of-a-kind view of the Bernese Alps (reservations recommended).
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy 4/7°