“Alpine farm school” – a day trip in the Diemigtal Nature Park
During their visit to either the Alp Hösel or Ausser Mittelberg farm, the schoolchildren gain an understanding of the varied way of life on an alpine farm.
The “alpine farm school” aims to give children practical insights into the complex system of alpine agriculture and illustrate important interconnections within a precious habitat. Discovery, understanding and learning take place through active involvement and interaction arising from authentic encounters on an alpine farm.
Availability Available on 01.06.2020
The offer can be booked during the alpine pasture season from early June to mid-September.
Subject to change without prior notice
For the alpine farm day trip, a package price is payable for each class with a maximum of 25 pupils, including expert guides and the opportunity to make a traditional farm product.
On top of this, a contribution is required towards the cost of the transfer to and from the alpine pasture area (to be discussed based on available financial means).
- CHF 200.00 Alpine farm day trip
- CHF 100.00 Contribution to transfer costs min.
Group size: max. 25 people
Suitable for: school groups from middle school, secondary and higher school levels, holiday camp groups and families
- Walking boots with tread
- Sufficient food and drink
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sun cream)
- Clothing that children are allowed to get dirty
- Rain protection; warm clothing depending on the weather
- Work gloves
- Walk to the alpine farm from the starting point (30 to 60 minutes)
- Arrival and welcome with a welcome drink at the alpine farm
- Insight into life on an alpine farm, background information and opportunity to make a traditional farm product
- Return walk to the starting point for the return transfer
Booking of the alpine farm day trip
With the Diemigtal Nature Park (see contact details)
Mon–Fri 08.30–12.00 hours
Sat 08.30–12.00 hours
Bookings can be made no later than one week before the preferred date.
Group travel arrangements
- Ausser Mittelberg alpine farm: travel to the “Fildrichbrücke, Schwenden” Postbus stop, followed by a transfer to the alpine pasture area via the Diemigtal Nature Park
- Alp Hösel alpine farm: travel to Oey-Diemtigen Railway Station, followed by a transfer to Springboden via the Diemigtal Nature Park.
- The alpine farm day trip can be undertaken in any weather apart from stormy conditions.
- As a special culinary treat, the alpine farm day trip can be combined with a simple “Älplerzabe” (traditional alpine farm lunch) for an additional cost of CHF 10.00 per person.
- The alpine farm day trip is a module of the “alpine farm school” environmental education offering. In January 2015, this was awarded the mountain agriculture innovation prize by the “Volkswirtschaft Berner Oberland” (Bernese Oberland economic federation). The alpine farm day trip makes an important contribution to the socio-cultural exchange between the urban, rural and alpine population.
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy 13/21°