Niesen–Diemtigtal panoramic walk
A hike with fantastic wide views and an optional overnight stay on Springenboden
Even the journey to the starting point, the summit of Mount Niesen, is spectacular. The stunning distant views will be your constant companion during the four-and-a-half-hour walk down into the Diemtigtal Nature Park. Along the way, the Hoschüpfen viewing platform offers breathtaking views over mountain peaks, Lake Thun and the distant valleys of the Simmental and Diemtigtal. If you wish to extend the hike into a two-day trip, you can reserve a night’s stay on Springenboden and see the day draw to a close high above the Diemtigtal Valley.
Incidentally, if you reserve the accommodation package at Gasthof Gsässweid from the office of the Diemtigtal Nature Park, you’ll be staying either in the dormitory or in a double room and, following breakfast the next day, will be taken back to the Oey-Diemtigen or Mülenen railway station.
- Good boots and weatherproof clothing suitable for the mountains
- Sun and rain protection
- A first aid kit
- Rucksack with sufficient food and drink
- Hiking poles
Availability Today (Thursday) open
Depending on snow conditions, the trail can be followed every day from June to late October.
Once the trail has been officially approved as open, the accommodation offer can be booked on request every day. Early reservations are recommended.
Niesenbahn funicular operating times
Daily, from 18 April to 15 November 2020
Subject to change without prior notice
Panoramic walk all-inclusive package
- CHF 98.00 Adults in dormitory accommodation*
- CHF 88.00 Child in dormitory accommodation*
- CHF 93.00 Groups of 10 or more people*
- CHF 15.00 Surcharge for a double room*
The price includes:
- An ascent on the Niesen Funicular
- Half-board accommodation in the Gasthaus Gsässweid
- Return transport to the Oey-Diemtigen or Mülenen railway stations
Weather & webcam Today: thunderstorm 16/26°