Leukerbad Thermal Springs Trail
Hike to the thermal springs
This Thermal Spring walk leads via steps to the edge of the waterfall and right to the source of the springs. As far as the waterfall and steps, the route is accessible for wheelchairs and features spectacular views across and into the waters. After the Thermal Springs walk, there is a chance to relax in the thermal springs themselves.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
The trail leads from the centre of the village to the entrance of the Dala Gorge. On the short hike, you will learn exciting background information about the thermal water via illustrated panels. From the bridge, the thermal spring footbridge, on the left Dalaufer, leads into the gorge. A suspension bridge crosses the Dala and finally leads to the waterfall. From the end of the gorge there is an exit on both sides of the Dalaufer: If you continue the tour on the right Dalaufer, you will get back to the starting point in the village centre through the forest and across meadows via Buljes. Alternatively, the return route can be taken along the left bank directly to the bridge at the entrance to the thermal springs footbridge. From here you can continue the second part of the Thermal Springs Trail, which leads past the remaining 5 springs of the spa village and back to the village centre.
|Starting location||Leukerbad, village square (1401 m)|
|Degree of difficulty||average|
|Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Destination||Leukerbad, village square (1401 m)|
Opening times Today (Sunday) open
Guided walk along the bridge above the thermal springs from May to October.
The walk along the Thermal Springs Trail is free of charge
Guided tours for groups
- Guided tour of the Thermal Springs Trail and bridge (approx. 2 hours).
- Bathing in the Leukerbad thermal baths.
- Monday to Friday via Leukerbad tourist office: Tel. +41 27 472 20 20, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks before the preferred date.
- Because of the high level of demand, early booking is advisable.
Price for guided tour of the Thermal Springs Trail
- CHF 150.00* School parties/groups of up to 30 people
* Package price for the tour.
- For groups of 12 or more
- Larger groups on request.
The prices for groups and school parties can be found online.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
- The walk across the almost 600 metre-long bridge above the thermal springs into the Dala Gorge requires good footwear and is unsuitable for those with vertigo.
- As far as the waterfall and steps, the route is fully accessible for wheelchairs. However, on the bridge above the springs, wheelchair users will require assistance from a strong helper.
- Wheelchair users should pay attention to the instructions of the Thermalquellen-Zunft (Friends of the Thermal Springs) along the paths.
- In the holiday region around Leukerbad, a number of campfire spots are available.