Kiental Wildwater Trail
The Kiental Wildwater Trail starts from the village of Tschingel in the Kiental Valley and passes deep gorges, tumbling waterfalls and steep rocky walls on its route up to Griesalp.
One remarkable feature is the “Hexenkessel” (witch’s cauldron), a bubbling and foaming pot of water. The power of the natural forces is tangible. The natural spectacle, in fact, appeals to all of the senses. The Wildwater Trail is particularly impressive between the months of June and August, since at that time the quantity of water is swollen by the thawing snows. After heavy rainfall, too, the flow of water is stronger. The route is well graded and can also easily be followed in the reverse direction.
Availability Available on 22.05.2021
The Wildwater Trail is open all year round and is easiest to follow from late May to mid-October.
Information on the route
- The route is well graded and can also easily be followed in the reverse direction.
- Walking time from Tschingel to Griesalp: approx. 1 hr
- Walking time from Griesalp to Tschingel: approx. 35 min
- Elevation difference: 260 metres
- Also very beautiful is the walk from Tschingel to Kiental village, as this passes the Tschingelsee lake and the Gornerewasser stream. Walking time: approx. 1 hr
- Griesalp-Griess Schlucht - Tschingelsee - Gornerewasser - Kiental 3 hr
Telefon +41 33 676 71 71
Hotel-Restaurant Bären Kiental
Telefon +41 33 676 11 21
Telefon +41 33 676 26 76
How to get there