Detective trail at Jaun
The interactive theme trail at the foot of the Gastlosen mountain chain is a great experience for young and old alike.
This circular trail at the foot of the Gastlosen chain tells the story of the Grossmutterloch – the “Grandmother Hole” – that can be seen in the striking series of cliffs that tower above Jaun. The “Schoolchildren’s Legend”, described over the course of nine waypoints, is accompanied by a series of tricky puzzles for you to solve.
The Detective Trail can be followed from June to October subject to weather conditions.
The Detective Trail can be followed free of charge.
- CHF 11.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 16.00 Adults, return
- CHF 6.00 Children*, one-way
- CHF 9.00 Children*, return
- CHF 25.00 Families, one-way
- CHF 40.00 Families, return
* Aged 6 to 15
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The start of the Detective Trail can found close the mountain station of the “Gastlosen Express” chairlift and is easy to reach on foot from the village of Jaun. If you want to avoid the 1.5-hour walk to the mountain station, you should take the “Gastlosen Express” to the starting point of the theme trail.
On the Detective Trail, you will encounter a series of puzzles at certain points. You can fill in the answers to these on your competition cards, which you can obtain from the Jaun tourist office or the valley station of the “Gastlosen Express”. At the end of the summer season each year, some great prizes are given out following a draw.
- The route is not suitable for pushchairs.
- There is a playground at the mountain station.
- Scooter network descent 6 km (including 2 km on a gravel track): by scooter from the mountain station, passing Alpine meadows and down through the forest to the Jaunbach stream and along Abländschenstrasse to the valley station of the Jaun-Gastlosen chairlifts. Downhill fun for the whole family.