Gurten - a children's paradise
Fun on Bern's balcony
Only a few minutes from Bern city centre, the Gurten offers many attractions, most of which are free. In summer, the water games shine through their turquoise water. The Gschtelasch, a large wooden construction with nets, a climbing tunnel and a slide, allows to jump for hours. At the playground there is also the legendary Stefan Grünenfelder ball circuit, a kind of oversized Tinguely machine. The miniature train will make you feel like a railroad man and the summer toboggan run will guarantee thrills. These are just a few examples of the many attractions that make the Gurten a true paradise for children.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
- CHF 2.00 Children
- CHF 3.00 Adults
- CHF 10.00 Multi-ride card children 6 rides
- CHF15.00 Multi-course card adult 6 rides
- gratis Children up to 1.99 years
The summer toboggan run promises to be fun for young and old alike: tight corners, straight lines that allow you to go down the track at full speed and even a tunnel that will guarantee thrills and strong sensations.
- Children from 8 years old can use the toboggan individually.
- Children under the age of 8 can only use the summer toboggan run when accompanied (over the age of 12).
March till october
- Monday- Friday 13:00 - 18:00
- Saturday - Sunday 10:00 - 18:00
- CHF 4.00 Child from 8 years
- CHF 5.00 Adults
Only children are allowed to drive on the Gurten. Accelerate, brake, avoid, maneuver, 12 Kidscars are available to children from 3 to 10 years old so they can make their first car ride.
- CHF 1.00 3 minute ride
Grünenfelder's ball machine
Restaurant Tapis Rouge
At the self-service restaurant Tapis Rouge you will find a wide selection of salads, hot dishes and delicious desserts. There is something for everyone. For the little ones, the offer includes a child’s plate and the older ones appreciate our varied offer of röstis. The two terraces invite you to bask in the sun and the children can play freely in a large games room.
Daily from 9:00 till 20:00 hour
Gurtenbahn Today (Thursday) open
Daily, every 15 mins
Mon–Sat 07.00–20.15 hours
Sun and public holidays 07.00–20.15 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Wabern–Gurten Kulm one-way
- CHF 6.00 Adult
- CHF 3.00 Adult with Half Fare Card
- CHF 3.00 Child 6–15.99 years
Wabern–Gurten Kulm retour
- CHF 11.00 Adult
- CHF 5.50 Adult with Half Fare Card
- CHF 5.50 Child 6–15.99 years