Engstligenalp Chäligang via ferrata
The Engstligen Falls, one of the emblems of Adelboden, are among Switzerland's highest waterfalls.
The easy via ferrata runs along these stunningly beautiful waterfalls from Adelboden up to Engstligenalp. The tour offers every climber a magnificent and unique spectacle, and is very suitable for families. Following a 20-minute walk, climbers are secured to a rope and follow the Chäligang towards Engstligenalp. The way is easy, the view down onto the Engstligtal valley below and the village of Adelboden filled with colourful impressions.
Operating times, Bergbahnen Engstligenalp cable cars
13 June to 25 October 2020
Cable car rides every 20 minutes
Last ascent 16.50 hours
Opening times via ferrata
The via ferrata is open from mid-June to mid-October.
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 10.00 Rental fee, climbing harness
- CHF 6.00 Rental fee, helmet
- CHF 1.00 Rental fee, gloves
- CHF 10.00 Rental fee, via ferrata set
- CHF 22.00 Via ferrata combined offer, adults
- CHF 16.00 Via ferrata combined offer, children
- CHF 38.00 Combined offer incl. descent in cable car, adults
- CHF 23.00 Combined offer incl. descent in cable car, children
Engstligenalp aerial cableway 1/1
- CHF 22.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 32.00 Adults, return
- CHF 9.00 Children (6–15 years), one-way
- CHF 12.00 Children (6–15 years), return
Engstligenalp aerial cableway concession
- CHF 11.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 16.00 Adults, return
- CHF 4.50 Children (6–15 years), one-way
- CHF 6.00 Children (6–15 years), return
Reduced price for GA travelcard, Half-Fare travelcard, Swisscard, Regiopass, staff rate, SwissPass and children with the Junior travelcard / Children’s Co-travelcard
Engstligenalp aerial cableway group tariffs
- CHF 16.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 24.00 Adults, return
- CHF 7.00 Children (6–15 years), one-way
- CHF 10.00 Children (6–15 years), return
Group tariff apply for groups of 10 or more people
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Information on the route
A lookout point directly above the Engstligen Falls offers an opportunity to experience nature with all your senses. At the Edelweiss-Hubel, the official mountain trail resumes and the secured via ferrata ends. The trail crosses the Alpine meadows with their splendour of flowers and leads up to the Engstligenalp mountain station.
Elevation difference: climb 560 m (via ferrata 300 m)
Level of difficulty: K2 (1 = easy, 5 =difficult)
Climbing gear can be hired at the valley station of the Engstligenalp aerial cableway.
Mammut Bouldering Course
The Mammut Bouldering Course on Engstligenalp above Adelboden is a small yet wonderful bouldering paradise set amidst the splendid mountainscape. Six different courses are colour-coded. From green to blue, red to black, the different difficulty levels offer an exciting challenge for everyone. One of the courses is even specially designed for children.