Emmental cheese route – a package of indulgence on two wheels
Discover the Emmental with an e-bike and a picnic basket
Travel in comfort by public transport directly to the Emmental Show Dairy, where you’ll pick up your e-bike and get peddling. Directions in the free cheese route app or on the printed map will allow you to discover one of the most beautiful e-bike routes in the area around the Show Dairy.
You’ll get exciting stories and information about the centuries-old tradition of Emmentaler AOP. Then, once you’ve found your personal spot, you can really relax and enjoy delicacies from the Show Dairy picnic basket, which will of course include a fine piece of the world-famous cheese with the big holes.
Travel comfortably by train to Hasle-Rüegsau and continue with bus to the bus stop "Affoltern i.E., Dorf". In only 4 minutes of walking you are at the Emmentaler Schaukäserei.
Availability Today (Monday) open
The e-bike offer can be booked from the beginning of April until the end of October. 6 electric bikes are available, so we recommend that you book in advance.
Show Dairy opening times
Daily, 09.00 to 17.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Prices & booking
«Emmentaler Käseroute – Genusspaket auf zwei Rädern»
- CHF 85.00 per person
Booking directly at the Emmentaler Schaukäserei by mail or phone:
Included in the price:
- Electric bike hire for 3 hours
- Full picnic basket with picnic blanket and route description
- 1 piece of “Emmentaler AOP” to take home.
App cheese route is provided free of charge by Emmental Tourism / Offer only possible with prior reservation
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices subject to alteration /
- The e-bike is available from 09.00 - 17.00 hrs, drop-off and return are at the Emmental show dairy in Affoltern.
- The Emmental cheese route can be accessed at any time via the free app or is available as a printed map.
- The route is not binding and can also be adapted as desired.
- People aged 16 and above are allowed to ride electric bikes (or people aged 14 and above with a moped licence).
Tip: Discover the home of Emmentaler AOP on the "King's Trail Emmentaler Show Dairy".
How to get here
Travel comfortably by train to Hasle-Rüegsau, and from there take bus no. 471 to the «Affoltern i.E., Dorf» stop. In only 4 minutes of walking you are at the Emmentaler Schaukäserei.