Excursion destination: Blausee Lake
Visiting mystical Blausee Lake
A mystical nature park with walking paths, campfire spots and picnic areas –and the beautiful deep-blue Blausee Lake. The lake’s fabulous colour is the stuff of legends, and the view underwater from a glass bottom boat is a one-of-a-kind experience
Despite its small size, Blausee Lake is one of the best-known mountain lakes in Switzerland. The lake is located in a 20-hectare wooded nature park with walking paths, campfire spots and picnic areas. The water in the lake is crystal clear because it comes from underground sources. Tree trunks and boulders that extend as much as 12 metres down into the lake appear to be only just under the surface.
According to legend, the lake’s blue colour comes from the blue eyes of a young maiden who walked into the lake because she was grieving the death of her beloved. Ever since then, the lake has remained blue in memory of the sad and unlucky maiden. A sculpture made by the artist Raffael Fuchs in 1998 lies in the lake and pays tribute to the legend and the maiden.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
The Nature Park Blausee
The surounding area of the Blausee has a lot in store: A mystic nature park, with walkways, fireplaces, picknick areas and a playground for the kids. Discover the Blausee museum or the lake with our glass-bottom boat – all that in the middle of a unique backdrop.
The offer at a glance
- 20 ha of park area (traffic free)
- big parking lot (200m walkway to the Blausee)
- boat trip on the lake with a glass-bottom boat (summer only)
- romantic walkways
- picknick areas with fireplaces and firewood
- playground for kids (summer only)
- shop with trout products and giftso
- only our trouts are allowed to swim in the Blausee
- Fishing at Blausee is forbidden, also our traditional Fishing-Event in October is cancelled
- well looked after restaurant (GaultMillau 13 points evening menu)
- pizzeria with woodstove and pasta dishes, located by the parking lot
- 17 individual hotelrooms with a total of 32 beds
- The hotel is classified as a three star unique hotel
- sauna, samarium, steamed grotto, whirlpool and bathtub garden
Alpine trout farm
- free visit of the alpine trout farm
Opening times Today (Wednesday) open
The Blausee Lake nature park is open all year round from 09.00–21.00 hours.
Subject to change without prior notice
Daily entry Blausee nature park (9am - 4pm)
- CHF 10.00 Adults Monday - Friday
- CHF 12.00 Adults Saturday - Sunday
- CHF 6.00 Children (aged 6 to 15.99) Monday - Friday
- CHF 8.00 Children (aged 6 to 15.99) Saturday - Sunday
- Free of charge Children up to the age of 5.99
Evening entry Blausee nature park (4pm - 9pm)
- CHF 8.00 Adults Monday - Friday
- CHF 10.00 Adults Saturday - Sunday
- CHF 4.00 Children (aged 6 to 15.99) Monday - Friday
- CHF 6.00 Children (aged 6 to 15.99) Saturday - Sunday
- Free of charge Children up to the age of 5.99 Monday - Friday
Prices valid from 11 November 2019 until 13 march 2020
Included in the Price:
- Entry fee for the natur park
- Visit of the trout farm
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Buy your entry for the Natur Park Blausee online in the BLS Webshop
In the Blue Lake Nature Park you can not only admire a mystical place, but also eat well and taste regional products.
Opening hours restaurant
11.30 - 17.00 hours, Lunch menu
18.30 - 21.00 hours, Dinner menu
Every Sunday from November to March, you can enjoy a sumptuous brunch buffet at Blausee Lake, with many delicacies from the valley and the organic fish farm, along with home-made Blausee cuisine. Reservation required.
Spa & Dine
Combine rest and relaxation in the Hotel Blausee spa with a drink and snack at the Cheminée fireplace and a fabulous 3-course meal in a restaurant that’s won several Awards. Reservation required.
Travel comfortably by train to Frutigen, and from there take bus no. 230 to the «Blausee BE» stop.