Snow shoe and winter hiking at Oeschinen Lake
Unesco Ice Walk – hiking on the frozen mountain lake.
Hiking on the frozen Oeschinen Lake is a very special adventure. You’ll experience the winter, feel the cold on your skin and view the Jungfrau-Aletsch Unesco World Heritage Site up-close. There are two winter hiking trails of different lengths on the lake. You can also watch ice fishermen do their thing on the lake and then warm up by the fireplace in the Berghotel Oeschinensee.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Circular routes on Lake Oeschinen
- Short circular trail: 1,6 km, 30 minutes
- Long circular trail: 3 km, 90 minutes
The trails can also be used without snow shoes.
For safety reasons (danger of rock fall), the hiking trail from Oeschinen Lake to Kandersteg is closed in winter.
The hiking trail remains closed in the event of an avalanche warning or insufficient ice thickness. Sledges can only be rented at the top station.
Availability Today (Thursday) open
18 December 2021 to 20 March 2022
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 30.00 Adults return
- CHF 15.00 Adults Half-Fare travelcard, GA travelcard, SwissPass return
- CHF 15.00 Children return
- Oeschinensee gondola cableway fares
Snow shoe hire
- CHF 20.00 1 day
Magic Blue Adventure Pass – 1 ticket, 2 lifts
You can enjoy twice as much fun in the snow with the Magic Blue Adventure Pass. This includes two return journeys by cable car to Lake Oeschinen and to the Gemmi Pass on Sunnbüel.
Combine your winter hike with “Fondue2go,” fondue fun of a very special kind: Lots of space, fresh air and a cool alternative to going to a restaurant – that's what the Fondue2go boxes offer.
The fondue set includes our own and home-made fondue mix “Fivty-Fivty,” home-made organic wholemeal bread and various spices. Wine, tea, etc. as desired. Also included in the set is a wooden sledge to pull the fondue box along and a thermal cushion or woollen blankets to sit on.
Simple and straightforward, they can be pre-ordered by 12.00 noon. Simply collect the box from the Bergstübli restaurant at the mountain station and find your favourite spot for your adventure treat.
Please note that the sets should be pre-ordered in the online shop. Numbers are limited. No refunds or cash payments. In case of bad weather, the amount can be credited at the restaurant.
- CHF 70.00 2 persons
- CHF 140.00 4 persons
- Timetable & tickets
- Two-month taster Half-Fare travelcard for CHF 33.00 Benefit now from the taster Half-Fare travelcard for 33 francs. Over a period of two months, allow us to convince you of the benefits of the Half-Fare travelcard. If you buy a Half-Fare travelcard immediately after your taster Half-Fare card has expired, we’ll credit you the 33 francs. Available from 17.1.-27.2.2022.