Snow shoe and winter hiking at Oeschinen Lake
Unesco Ice Walk – hiking on the frozen mountain lake.
Hiking on the frozen Oeschinen Lake is a very special adventure. You’ll experience the winter, feel the cold on your skin and view the Jungfrau-Aletsch Unesco World Heritage Site up-close. There are two winter hiking trails of different lengths on the lake. You can also watch ice fishermen do their thing on the lake and then warm up by the fireplace in the Berghotel Oeschinensee.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Circular routes on Lake Oeschinen
- Short circular trail: 1,6 km, 30 minutes
- Long circular trail: 3 km, 90 minutes
The trails can also be used without snow shoes.
For safety reasons (danger of rock fall), the hiking trail from Oeschinen Lake to Kandersteg is closed in winter.
The hiking trail remains closed in the event of an avalanche warning or insufficient ice thickness.Sleds can only be rented at the sports store Intersport at the bottom station of the cable car, no rental at the top station or at the lake.
Availability Today (Friday) open
19 December 2020 to 21 March 2021
Subject to change without prior notice
Rates 30% Rabatt
Take advantage of the RailAway offer with a reduction of 30% on sledge Day Pass. Benefit from the discount when you travel there and back by public transport, e.g. with a Day Pass, a supersaver ticket or a regional or GA travelcard.
The advantages for you:
- 30% reduction on the ski or the sledge Day Pass for Oeschinensee.
- CHF 14.70 Adults simple instead of CHF 21.00
- CHF 7.35 Adults Half-Fare travelcard, GA travelcard, SwissPass simple instead of CHF 10.50
- CHF 7.35 Children simple instead of CHF 10.50
- CHF 19.60 Adults return instead of CHF 28.00
- CHF 9.80 Adults Half-Fare travelcard, GA travelcard, SwissPass return instead of CHF 14.00
- CHF 9.80 Children return instead of CHF 14.00
Where kann I buy the special offer ?
Snow shoe hire
- CHF 20.00 1 day
Magic Blue Adventure Pass – 1 ticket, 2 lifts
You can enjoy twice as much fun in the snow with the Magic Blue Adventure Pass. This includes two return journeys by cable car to Lake Oeschinen and to the Gemmi Pass on Sunnbüel.