Skiing and snowboarding on the Niederhorn
Small but lovely: the Niederhorn is the place to ski for families.
The ski resort is not too large or complex and it offers plenty of fun for both beginners and experienced skiers and snowboarders. It's also easy to get to by bus and cableway. The funicular railway and cable car comfortably transport winter sports enthusiasts from the shores of Lake Thun, or from Beatenberg, to the ski area located 1,950 metres above sea level. Relax in a ski resort that offers a one-of-a-kind view of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Availability Today (Wednesday) open
- CHF 56.00 Adults
- CHF 28.00 Children**
- CHF 40.60 with Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 50.00 Adults
- CHF 25.00 Children**
- CHF 35.80 with Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 42.00 Adults
- CHF 21.00 Children**
- CHF 33.60 with Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 36.00 Adults
- CHF 18.00 Children**
- CHF 28.80 with Half-Fare travelcard
Ski tickets are valid for travel with the Niederhornbahn and on the ski lift in the Niederhorn area (excluding the Waldegg-Hohwald ski lift)
* Half-day ticket valid from 11.00 hours
** aged 6–16 years; 1st child pays, other children accompanied by a parent travel free.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
How to get there
Or by boat from Interlaken West, Thun or another landing stage across Lake Thun to "Beatenbucht".
The funicular and group orbital railroad will then take you up to the Niederhorn.
Food & drink
Take some time to visit the Berghaus Niederhorn, the Bärgrestaurant Vorsass, the Seerestaurant Beatenbucht or an inn in Beatenberg.
Tips for families
Take advantage of the family snow sports package.
CHF 120.00 – 2 adults and 2 (own) children:
- Snow sports tickets (day tickets) for the whole family
- Pasta dish with 3 sauces in the Berghaus Niederhorn
- 1 1/2-litre soft drink or mineral water.
This combined ticket is available for purchase only at the Beatenbucht or Beatenberg valley stations.