GoldenPass Cheese Train Montreux–Château-d’Œx
An excursion into the heart of a Swiss tradition
Following a welcome drink on the platform of Montreux Railway Station, the Cheese Train will take you to Château-d’Œx. In Château-d’Œx, the journey continues to the traditional “Le Chalet” restaurant and the “Vieux Pays-d’Enhaut” museum.
Friday to Sunday from 3 January to 26 April 2020
Subject to change without prior notice
- 10.30 hours Reception with welcome drink on platform 5 in Montreux
- 10.44 hours Departure in a first-class carriage
- 11.44 hours Arrival in Château-d’Oex + short walk to the “Le Chalet” restaurant
- 12.00 hours Cheese-making demonstration at the “Le Chalet” restaurant
- 12.15 hours Fondue lunch at the “Le Chalet” restaurant (drinks not included)
- 13.50 hours Short walk to the Vieux Pays-d’Enhaut museum or Espace Ballon (10 minutes)
- 14.00 hours Visit to the Vieux Pays-d’Enhaut museum or Espace Ballon
- 15.45 hours Short walk to Château-d’Oex Railway Station (10 minutes)
- 16.03 hours Departure from Château-d'Oex in a first-class carriage*
- 17.04 hours Arrival in Montreux
- CHF 89.00 Adults 1/1
- CHF 69.00 Adults with Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 39.00 GA travelcard/Day ticket/Swiss Travel Pass
- CHF 59.00 Children*
- CHF 29.00 Children with Junior travelcard
*Ages 6–15.99 without Junior travelcard or Swiss Family Card
Included in the price
- Welcome drink (glass can be kept as a souvenir)
- Quick cheese tasting
- Travel in first class
- Provision of catering (drinks and souvenirs on the train as well as at the “Le Chalet” restaurant not included)
- Cheese-making demonstration
- Fondue (drinks and dessert not included)
- Visit the Espace Ballon
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Château-d’Oex – “Le Chalet” restaurant
The Le Chalet restaurant produces its own cheese – the “Chalet Bio”. Wearing traditional work clothes, the cheesemaker transforms approx. 200 litres of organic milk into hard cheese right there for visitors to see. You are invited to participate in this homely activity by the wooden fire – just as it is done in traditional Swiss mountain huts.
The Le Chalet restaurant – which is warm, welcoming and typical of this region – will provide you with a rustic reception and serve you a hearty organic cheese fondue. On the top floor, young and old can marvel at a model train set featuring the GoldenPass trains.
Espace Ballon, an important showground for hot-air balloons, offers you an educational trail through the history of ballooning – from its origins through to the amazing feats of today. The continuous round-the-world journey undertaken by Brian Jones and Bertrand Piccard, and much more besides, awaits discovery in this exceptional setting. We look forward to your visit.
Seats can be reserved via the national and international reservation systems, as well as via www.mob.ch (no online cancellation option). The reservation includes the ticket and the above-listed services. Neither the programme nor the train carriages are suitable for wheelchairs.