Kiental Wildwater Trail
The Kiental Wildwater Trail starts from the village of Tschingel in the Kiental Valley and passes deep gorges, tumbling waterfalls and steep rocky walls on its route up to Griesalp.
One remarkable feature is the “Hexenkessel” (witch’s cauldron), a bubbling and foaming pot of water. The power of the natural forces is tangible. The natural spectacle, in fact, appeals to all of the senses. The Wildwater Trail is particularly impressive between the months of June and August, since at that time the quantity of water is swollen by the thawing snows. After heavy rainfall, too, the flow of water is stronger. The route is well graded and can also easily be followed in the reverse direction.
Availability Today (Friday) open
The Wildwater Trail is open all year round and is easiest to follow from late May to mid-October.
Information on the route
- The route is well graded and can also easily be followed in the reverse direction.
- Walking time from Tschingel to Griesalp: approx. 1 hr
- Walking time from Griesalp to Tschingel: approx. 35 min
- Elevation difference: 260 metres
- Also very beautiful is the walk from Tschingel to Kiental village, as this passes the Tschingelsee lake and the Gornerewasser stream. Walking time: approx. 1 hr
“Steep Thursday” special offer
This offer includes the return postbus trip from Reichenbach i. K. up to Griesalp as well as lunch (3 courses without drinks) at the Berggasthaus Golderli (20% discount). The special offer is available every Thursday from 30 May to 20 October 2019 and can only be purchased from the postbus driver.
Weather & webcam Today: fair weather 10/19°