Allmenalp–Usser Ueschinen–Kandersteg hiking route
A walk with fantastic views and a number of mountain huts
From the Allmenalp starting point, the route heads towards Alpschelen and then onwards to Usser Ueschinen. From there, you can enjoy a lovely view over Inner Ueschinen with its many mountain chalets. From Usser Ueschinen, the walk follows a gently curving trail back to Kandersteg.
Availability Today (Wednesday) open
18 May to 20 October 2019
Kandersteg-Allmenalp cable car operating times
Daily, every 15 minutes
18 May to 14 June 2019
15 June to 18 August 2019
19 August to 8 September 2019
9 September to 20 October 2019
If the weather is good, operations will continue until later in October.
Travel is possible at unscheduled times by arrangement.
Subject to change without prior notice
Kandersteg-Allmenalp aerial cableway
- CHF 12.00 Adults, one-way
- CHF 18.00 Adults, return
- CHF 9.00 Concession*, one-way
- CHF 14.00 Concession*, return
- CHF 6.00 Children, one-way (aged 6 to 15.99)
- CHF 9.00 Children, return (aged 6 to 15.99)
- CHF 9.00 Groups**, one-way
- CHF 14.00 Groups**, return
* Half-Fare travelcard, guest card, local residents, shareholders
** For groups of 10 or more. With groups of 10 or more, one person travels free.
Junior travelcard and Children’s Co-travelcard are not valid.Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
- Distance: 8 km
- Elevation difference: Allmenalp 1,723 m – Alpschelen 1,780 m – Usser Ueschinen 1,595 m – Kandersteg 1,176 m
- Walking time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Starting point: Allmenalp cable car mountain station
The route can be followed in any weather. If you go along Ueschinenstrasse, this walk is also suitable for pushchairs.
The Allmenalp offers a range of opportunities for observing the Alpine fauna and flora. For paragliding enthusiasts, the area is a veritable El Dorado.
From the Allmenalp, you look over the “Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch” UNESCO world heritage site.
Weather & webcam Today: sunny 13/23°