Kandertal on two wheels
Surrounded by giant mountains, your tour begins in Kandersteg in the saddle of a bicycle.
You can explore the natural paradise that is Gasterntal, or take a ride to tranquil and remote Ueschinental. Those preferring a downhill adventure can ride along the white waters of the River Kander on the regional cycle path no. 64 to Wimmis, and then along route no. 9 to Spiez Railway Station.
1 April to 31 October 2018
Collections and returns at Kandersteg Railway Station
Mon–Fri 07.00–18.00 hours
Sat–Sun 07.00–11.45 / 13.05–16.45 hours
Bike returns at Spiez Railway Station
Mon–Fri 06.00–19.30 hours
Sat–Sun 07.00–18.30 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 45.00 Bicycle whole day
- CHF 40.00 Bicycle whole day
* with Half-Fare travelcard or GA travelcard
Bicycles can be hired in Kandersteg and returned in Spiez.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Bicycle tour route
Kandersteg–Gasterntal return approx. 20 km
Kandersteg–Ueschinental return approx. 24 km
Things to be aware of
- Mandatory bicycle reservations at the BLS Kandersteg Travel Centre.
- Collect your rental bike at Kandersteg Railway Station.
- Difficulty level, bicycle tour: For experienced cyclists, steep descent in parts. Suitable for children from the age of 12.