Marbach Foodie Tour
The somewhat different discovery tour, during which you can also indulge your palate.
From the valley station of the Marbachegg gondola lift, an easy walk along the path through the “Bühl” part of the village leads to the Lourdes Grotto, an oasis of tranquillity. The path continues alongside the Steiglenbach brook to the Marbach Mountain Cheese Dairy. Alongside a delicious aperitif from the cheese cellar, you will receive insights into how the different cheese varieties are made using cow’s and buffalo’s milk. Thus replete, the journey continues along the idyllic Schonbach brook and on to the Hotel Sporting. Once arrived, you can indulge in an “authentic Entlebuch” lunch followed by a ride in the panoramic gondola lift up to Marbach’s very own sun terrace – the Marbachegg. Here you can enjoy a delicious dessert while taking in the splendid views. The excursion is rounded off with a walk back to the starting point, or a ride on the gondola lift back down into the valley.
A combined ticket is available in the BLS webshop and at the Marbach Tourist Office. Up to 10 people no reservation required
- Now available in the BLS Webshop Buy your entry tickets online
- Timetable & tickets Plan your ride and buy your tickets
Marbach’s Foody Tour offer is available from 9 May to 25 October 2020
- May – June: Wednesday to Saturday, holidays excluded
- July: Monday to Saturday
- August: Monday to Sunday
- September – October: Wednesday to Sunday
Subject to change without prior notice
Recommended departure time: 10.00 am
Starting and finishing point: Marbach Tourist Office
- Marbach Tourist Office – Lourdes Grotto approx. 25 mins
- Lourdes Grotto – Marbach Mountain Cheese Dairy approx. 15 mins
- Marbach Mountain Cheese Dairy – Hotel Sporting approx. 15 mins
- Marbachegg valley station – Marbachegg (gondola lift) approx. 10 mins
- Marbachegg – valley station approx. 1 hour 15 mins
- Small aperitif in the Marbach cheese dairy with a glass of wine or syrup «Echt Entlebuch»
- Lunch (starter and main course) at the Sporting Hotel. Let yourself be amazed by the seasonal creations. During the annual closing of the Sporting Hotel the meal takes place in Marbachegg.
- Kemmeriboden meringue from the Stein bakery and cream from the Marbach cheese factory, accompanied by a coffee or tea in the Marbachegg mountain restaurant
- Small aperitif in the Marbach cheese dairy with a glass syrup «Echt Entlebuch»
- Lunch options in the children’s Card
- Kemmeriboden meringue from the Stein bakery and cream from the Marbach cheese factory
Buy your tickets for the Marbach Foody Tour online in the BLS Webshop
Marbach Foodie Tour
- CHF 79.00 Adults
- CHF 49.00 Children (12–15.99 years)
- CHF 39.00 Children (6–11.99 years)
Included in the Price:
- Viewing of the visitor gallery and cheese aperitif (incl. one drink) at the Marbach Mountain Cheese Dairy
- Seasonal and regional lunch (two courses, excl. drink) at the Hotel Sporting
- Ride in the gondola lift up to Marbachegg (return ticket)
- Dessert (incl. one coffee or tea) at the Berggasthaus Marbachegg
Drinks with lunch are not included.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration.
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy 12/17°