Sunnbüel Freeride Trail
Running from Sunnbüel to Kandersteg, the Freeride Trail offers numerous jumps, banked turns and wooden ramps.
The majority of the 4,700-metre trail runs along the former Sunnbüel downhill ski run. The start is located directly by the Sunnbüel mountain station at 1,934 metres above sea level. It runs along the walking trail in some spots. Walkers thus also have the opportunity to watch the cyclists on this spectacular route.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Availability Today (Monday) open
Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway, summer
29 May to 25 June 2021 09.00–17.00 hours
26 June to 15 August 2021 08.00–18.00 hours
16 August to 19 September 2021 08.30–17.00 hours
20 September to 31 October 2021 09.00–17.00 hours
Owing to the hunting season, the freeride trail is closed from 1 to 30 September each year.
Subject to change without prior notice
Kandersteg–Sunnbüel incl. bicycle transport / adults
- CHF 39.00 Day ticket
- CHF 29.00 Afternoon ticket (from 11.30 hours)
- CHF 290.00 Season ticket Sunnbüel
Kandersteg–Sunnbüel incl. bicycle transport / children
- CHF 26.00 Day ticket
- CHF 21.00 Afternoon ticket (from 11.30 hours)
- CHF 180.00 Season ticket Sunnbüel
Downhill mountain biking equipment rental prices
- CHF 90.00 Bike
- CHF 20.00 Protective gear
- CHF 20.00 Full-face helmet
Downhill mountain bikes, protective gear and full-face helmets can be hired from Grossen Sport in Kandersteg.
*Half-day from 1.30 p.m.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Deep-blue Lake Oeschinen lying in the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hidden Arven lakes on Sunnbüel, and the inviting Allmenalp above its four waterfalls. It’s not only the MagicBlue Pass that raises the curtain on these three natural stages in Kandersteg. Because hotel guests can now also enjoy excursions to the magic of the Alps without any worries – from three overnight stays in Kandersteg, mountain transport is included in the price.
- MagicBlue-Pass 1 PASS, 2 LAKES, 3 CABLE CARS (Oeschinensee, Sunnbüel, Allmenalp)
- MagicBlue + From just 3 overnight stays, enjoy MagicBlue experiences for free.
The bike trail from Sunnbüel to Kandersteg is suitable for both crack downhill mountain bikers and all-round bikers.
- Description: downhill run with obstacles
- Length: approx. 4.7 km
- Elevation difference: 720 m
- Highlights: 25 jumps, 12 tables, 1 drop, 10 gaps, 105 steep turns, 1 wall, jump line and chicken run
- Liability: the Downhill Mountainbiking Association cannot accept any liability for accidents. The route rules must be complied with.
How to get there
Travel comfortably by train to Kandersteg. Bus no. 241 will take you to the Sunnbüel valley station within 10 minutes.