Sunnbüel Freeride Trail
Running from Sunnbüel to Kandersteg, the Freeride Trail offers numerous jumps, banked turns and wooden ramps.
The majority of the 4,700-metre trail runs along the former Sunnbüel downhill ski run. The start is located directly by the Sunnbüel mountain station at 1,934 metres above sea level. It runs along the walking trail in some spots. Walkers thus also have the opportunity to watch the cyclists on this spectacular route.
Kandersteg-Sunnbüel aerial cableway, summer
30 May to 26 June 2020 08.30–17.00 hours
27 June to 20 September 2020 08.00–18.00 hours
21 September to 1st November 2020 08.30–17.30 hours
Owing to the hunting season, the freeride trail is closed from 1 to 30 September each year.
Subject to change without prior notice
Kandersteg–Sunnbüel incl. bicycle transport / adults
- CHF 39.00 Day ticket
- CHF 29.00 Afternoon ticket (from 11.30 hours)
- CHF 290.00 Season ticket Sunnbüel
- CHF 390.00 Season ticket PLUS (Sunnbüel and Wiriehorn)
Kandersteg–Sunnbüel incl. bicycle transport / children
- CHF 26.00 Day ticket
- CHF 21.00 Afternoon ticket (from 11.30 hours)
- CHF 180.00 Season ticket Sunnbüel
- CHF 280.00 Season ticket PLUS (Sunnbüel and Wiriehorn)
Downhill mountain biking equipment rental prices
- CHF 90.00 Bike
- CHF 20.00 Protective gear
- CHF 20.00 Full-face helmet
Downhill mountain bikes, protective gear and full-face helmets can be hired from Grossen Sport in Kandersteg.
*Half-day from 1.30 p.m.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
The bike trail from Sunnbüel to Kandersteg is suitable for both crack downhill mountain bikers and all-round bikers.
- Description: downhill run with obstacles
- Length: approx. 4.7 km
- Elevation difference: 720 m
- Highlights: 25 jumps, 12 tables, 1 drop, 10 gaps, 105 steep turns, 1 wall, jump line and chicken run
- Liability: the Downhill Mountainbiking Association cannot accept any liability for accidents. The route rules must be complied with.
Weather & webcam Today: sunny 4/9°