Stockhorn Adventure Trail
Smell the scents, enjoy the birdsong and read about the local legends – on the Adventure Trail, you will discover the Stockhorn habitat.
The Adventure Trail comprises 16 stations along the circular trail leading round the two Stockensee lakes. The focus here is on experimenting and experiencing, on enjoyment and having fun. From Chrindi middle station, the trail leads along well-kempt walking paths to Oberstockenalp, the Oberstockensee lake and back via Vorderstockenalp to the starting point at Chrindi.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
Availability Today (Sunday) open
The Adventure Trail is accessible daily from May to November (depending on snow conditions in spring and autumn).
Stockhornbahn operating information
17 April to 14 November 2021
Daily, every 30 minutes from 07.50 to 16.50 Hours
Subject to change without prior notice
Stockhorn cableway: Erlenbach-Chrindi return
- CHF 42.00 Adult
- CHF 21.00 Adult with Half-Fare Card
- CHF 21.00 Adult with GA Card
- CHF 34.00 Students
- CHF 21.00 Child (6–15.99 years)
- Purchase RailAway offer
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Quiz trail for families
Go on a walk with your kids while playing the puzzle game. Along the circular lakeside footpath there are 10 locations with hidden letters that form the solution word at the end of the quiz trail. Just like a treasure hunt, there is also plenty to discover along the way. The adventure trail appeals to all the senses and stimulates children’s natural curiosity. There is lots of climbing, playing and dawdling to do on the trail.
- Walking time: approx. 40 minutes (excluding play and rest time)
- 85 metres elevation difference
- Cable car ride to the Chrindi middle station
No Limits circular trail
The “No Limits” walking trail leading round the Hinterstockensee lake has been expanded to make it wheelchair- and pushchair-accessible. This means that people with limited mobility can also fully enjoy the landscape. Four battery-operated, off-road “Mountain Drive” wheelchairs can be rented at the Chrindi middle station. Reservation recommended.
- Walking time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- A 70-page accompanying brochure produced by the University of Bern provides background information on the individual topics. This is available for free from the Stockhornbahn station, together with an overview map.