Cycling tours in the Lake Murten region
Discover the Three Lakes Region on your bike
Experience all the diversity of the Three Lakes Region. You are spoilt for choice (of route): Cycle a lot, experience a lot and/or enjoy a lot... By tandem, e-bike or bicycle, you can either take the "Three Lakes Tour" and enjoy the endless expanse of the Great Marsh or choose the slimmed-down version around Lake Murten and enjoy regional specialities in exquisite restaurants.
Travel comfortably by train to Murten. The bike rental station is located directly at Murten station. From here you start your chosen cycling route.
Three Lakes Tour
|Signalling||Veloland no. 59, 5, 8 and 44 (route description will be handed out)
|Travel time||3 to 4 hours|
|Request||E-bike (single) and bike, tandem (medium)
The leisurely Three Lakes Tour runs on mostly motor vehicle-free paths and takes you along lakes, through wide plains, historic small towns and villages. After starting in the Zähringer town of Murten, you head towards Ins and continue along the Zihl Canal to Erlach, which is well worth seeing with its 11th century castle. The cycle path now follows the southern shore of Lake Biel to the 130-year-old Hagneck Canal, probably the most important element of the Jura water correction. We return through the Grosse Moos - known as the vegetable garden of Switzerland with over 60 planted species - via Kerzers to our starting point in Murten.
Tour around Lake Murten
|Signalling||Veloland no. 44, 59, 480|
|Travel time||maximum 4 hours|
E-bike (single) and bike, tandem (single)
The one-way tour starts at Murten station. Once you have left medieval Murten, take the country road towards Greng and continue along the lakeshore via Faoug to the Avenches campsite. After a few more kilometres, you reach Salavaux, where one of the longest sandy beaches in the country stretches out. Always slightly uphill, you pedal through numerous vineyards to the Vully with breathtaking views. After a rapid descent, the route takes you back to Murten through the Chablais, a huge forest area.
The supplement to the tour -> Pleasure trip around Lake Murten
Equipped with a gourmet voucher booklet, you will discover the beautiful region and the culinary highlights around Lake Murten on two wheels.
Signalling: Veloland no. 44, 59, 480
Included in the gourmet voucher booklet:
- A slice of Nidel or Vully cake and a coffee
- A glass of Vully wine or mineral water
- A lunch or dinner with egli fillet and salad
- A surprise
Reserve bike and e-bike
Travel comfortably by train to your destination, pick up your bike directly at the station and start your bike tour.
- Reserve your rental bike online or by telephone at the relevant rental bike station.
- Payment is made directly at the rental station on the day of rental.
- Riding an e-bike is permitted from the age of 16 (or from the age of 14 with a moped permit).
- CHF 5.00 reduction with Half-Fare Card or GA. The discount will be applied to the full booking.
- Groups: The group discount of 20% on everything (incl. return fees) is available for bookings of at least 10 rental properties. Reductions with GA/Half Fare Travelcard are no longer possible.
- Schools: The school discount of 30% on the category bike / MTB-V-Brake (price category 1), the accessories and the return fee is available for bookings of school classes accompanied by a teacher with at least 10 rental items.
Price example bike rental 1 day
- CHF 38.00 Adults
- CHF 33.00 Half Fare Travelcard / GA / STS
- CHF 33.00 Children up to 15.99 years
- CHF 20.00 Children's bike
Price examples e-bike rental 1 day
- CHF 60.00 Adults
- CHF 55.00 Half Fare Travelcard / GA / STS
- CHF 33.00 Children up to 15.99 years
Opening hours of rental stations
Murten - BLS station
From 1 April to 31 October 2023
Daily from 09.00–18.00 hours
Subject to change without prior notice