Baltschiedertal–Wiwannihütte via ferrata
Climbing for advanced climbers
In the rugged surroundings of Baltschiedertal, you will find a via ferrata that leads over steep cliffs, grassy ledges and a spectacular tower and takes you to Wiwannihütte.
Depending on the snow situation, the via ferrata in Baltschiedertal is accessible from early June to late October.
Subject to change without prior notice
Use of the via ferrata is free of charge.
Prices per person in CHF incl. VAT / Prices subject to alteration
How to get here
Take the RegioExpress Lötschberger to Ausserberg or Eggerberg. Via the historic Niwärch waterway dating from 1370, the exposed signposted trail takes you to Baltschiedertal, where you continue to follow it to an altitude of around 1,400 metres above sea level. The “Klettersteig” (via ferrata) turn-off is well signposted (white-blue-white). Then follow the way markings to the beginning of the via ferrata at approx. 1,700 metres above sea level.
- Only suitable for well-trained, athletic and experienced mountain climbers.
- Good, appropriate mountain-climbing gear required (via ferrata kit, gloves, etc.).
- Difficulty level KS 3–4.
- Only ascend in stable weather conditions.
- Avoid damage to fauna and flora.
- Ropes and rungs may have been damaged by rockfalls or heavy loads of snow. Climbers must be able to assess for themselves whether a rope or rung is still usable, and use the via ferrata at their own risk.
- All liability is expressly excluded.
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy -2/7°