Fafleralp walking paradise
Glaciers, wild rivers roaring down into the valley, mountain lakes with crystal-clear water, and verdant Alpine meadows filled with flowers – all this and more awaits you on Fafleralp at the top of the Lötschental Valley.
The most convenient way onto Fafleralp is with the postbus from Goppenstein. On the way you will pass through the Lötschental villages of Ferden, Kippel, Wiler and Blatten with its virtually unchanged historic centre. The magnificent view of Mt. Bietschhorn is bound to linger in the memory. And those in the mood to do so can enjoy a short walk on Fafleralp.
Availability Today (Monday) open
The Goppenstein-Fafleralp postbus operates several times daily from Goppenstein to Fafleralp and back between 8 June and 27 October 2019.
Subject to change without prior notice.
- CHF 24.00 Adults, return
- CHF 12.00 Adults, return with Half-Fare travelcard
- CHF 12.00 Children* aged 6 to 16, return
* Children with the Junior travelcard and Children’s Co-travelcard travel for free.
The GA travelcard is valid on this route.
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration.
The Lötschental Valley lies nestled in an impressive mountainscape between the Valais and Bernese Alps. The largely undeveloped valley is the perfect place for restorative day excursions in nature and away from tourist centres.
The Fafleralp is the starting point of many long-distance walks:
- The Lötschental High-Elevation Trail and the walk to the Anenhütte are very popular.
- The Glacier Foreland Educational Trail can also be accessed from the Fafleralp.
- The Lötschentaler Museum in Kippel is also worth a visit. For groups of 10 or more people, prior telephone booking on +41 27 939 18 71 is essential.
Weather & webcam Today: sunny 10/23°