Fafleralp Glacier Educational Trail
Landscapes are not permanent – they arise and change over time under the influence of nature and humankind.
Along 23 stations in total, the “See & Understand” themed educational trail provides visual insights into the developmental history of this impressive Alpine landscape at the foot of the Lang Glacier.
Availability Today (Sunday) open
The Glacier Educational Trail, which starts at the Fafleralp postbus stop, is accessible during the summer season.
The postbus to Fafleralp runs daily from 8 June to 27 October 2019
Subject to change without prior notice
Rout variant A:
- Stations 1–23
- Length: 12.5 km
- Elevation difference: 680 m
- Walking time only: 3 hours 55 mins
- Also suitable as a two-day tour with a night’s stay in the Peter Tscherrig Anenhütte.
Rout variant B:
- Stations 1–14 and 19–23
- Length: 9.9 km
- Elevation difference: 440 m
- Walking time only: 2 hours 50 mins
Rout variant C:
- Stations 1–14 and return on the same route
- Length: 8.4 km
- Elevation difference: 300 m
- Walking time only: 2 hours 20 mins
The information at the various stations can be read either in the flyer or online using a QR code scanner.
At Lötschental Tourismus and other sales outlets in the valley, you can buy a handy accompanying booklet containing lots of information for CHF 6.00.
Weather & webcam Today: partly cloudy 14/18°