Lötschental Legend Trail
Let yourself be spirited away into the world of myths and fairy tales.
The Lötschental Legend Trail running from the Lauchernalp mountain station to Fafleralp presents walkers with 10 different Lötschental legends, including the tale of the beautiful Countess of Schwarzsee, who must atone for her sins by taking the form of a snake. Thanks to the exciting legends quiz, the trail becomes an adventure for both young and old.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
- The Lötschental Legend Trail follows part of the Lötschental High-Elevation Trail.
- Suitable for children from the age of 5.
- The legend quiz is available from Lötschental Tourismus or to download here. Answer the questions correctly and receive a small free gift at the Kiosk Fafleralp at the end of the Legend Trail.
- The postbus will take you from Fafleralp back to Goppenstein.
Distance: 9.1 km
Climb: 360 metres
Descent: 565 metres
Walking time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Availability Today (Monday) open
Available daily from 5 June to 31 October 2021
Operating hours cable car Wiler-Lauchernalp
5 June to 31 October 2021 08.25–18.25 hours
10 July to 15 August 2021 08.25–20.25 hours
Subject to change without prior notice
The Lötschental Legend Trail can be accessed for free.