Exploring the houses of Diemtigtal by electric bike
Diemtigtal has a variety of cultural landscapes in store, as well as splendid examples of the Simmental-style timber houses
In the Diemtigtal Nature Park, you will find a pristine landscape with a wealth of carefully maintained and vibrant traditional buildings. More than 30 years ago, the municipality of Diemtigen was awarded the Louis Wakker Prize for its approach, in terms of planning and culture, to its traditional buildings. Diemtigtal is shaped by its splendid old timber houses dating from the 18th and 19th centuries. Each property has its own story to tell. The three Diemtigtal house trails allow you to discover the most impressive farm buildings while in the saddle of an electric bike. A unique 43-kilometre cultural discovery tour awaits you. Where required, you can hire the electric bikes locally.
- Coronavirus notice Please take note of the protection plan and any restrictions set by the provider.
|Starting point and destination||Willisau–Zell–Madiswil–Affoltern–Lützelflüh–Burgdorf|
|Ride time:||3 hours|
|Intensity:||medium (electric bike)|
Accessible daily from May to October.
Electric bike hire
- CHF 50.00 1 day
- CHF 25.00 1 day with «NaturparkCard» visitors' card
Sat 08.30–12.00 hours
- Weather-appropriate clothing (protection against wind, sun and/or rain)
- Food and drink as required
- A wonderful fold-out brochure with lots of detailed information on the individual houses is available from the offices of the Nature Park by Oey-Diemtigen Railway Station. It makes the experience even more memorable.
- All information about the buildings you can find in our App "Naturpark Diemtigtal". Available either on Android Play Store or Apple App Store.
Caution on route: the trail predominantly leads via narrow side streets. Please be alert for oncoming traffic at all times.
How to get there
From Bern you can reach Oey-Diemtigen station with the regional express train "Lötschberger". You have a direct connection every hour without changing in Spiez.