Transportation with a bicycle or motorbike
Quicker and more relaxed travel
As a biker or cyclist, you can also shorten your journey thanks to the car transport service. You and your bike can travel quickly and comfortably through the Lötschberg and Simplon Tunnels in the railway carriage of our car trains.
To ensure you have enough time to accommodate your motorbike or bicycle in the railway carriage, you must check in at least 15 minutes before departure. Please note that bicycles must be pushed.
The regular timetable applies.
Prices for single trip
- CHF 19.00 Motorbike > 50 cm³ with points card: from CHF 11.40
- CHF 10.00 Bicycle / motorbike ≤ 50 cm³ with points card: from CHF 6.00
- CHF 15.00 Motorbike > 50 cm³ with points card: from CHF 10.80
- CHF 15.00 Bicycle / motorbike ≤ 50 cm³ with points card: from CHF 10.80
- CHF 65.00 Motorbike > 50 cm³
- CHF 38.00 Bicycle / motorbike ≤ 50 cm³
Prices are per vehicle and for a one-way ticket, including riders and VAT.
Tip: The points card for frequent travellers
Do you travel at least four times a year on the Lötschberg, Simplon or Furka car transport service? If so, it’s worth getting a points card. With a points card you save up to 40% per trip.
Points of sale
Payment options at the Kandersteg, Goppenstein and Brig loading stations
- Cash (euro notes are accepted, but no coins). Conversion is at the current daily exchange rate.
- Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club
- Debit cards: PostFinance card, EC card, Maestro, VISA Electron
- Reka checks, Reka card, Reka Rail (no change is paid out)
- BLS gift card
- Be ready for loading with your motorbike or bicycle 15 minutes before the departure of the car train.
- Motorbikes and bicycles are transported in the railway carriage.
- Bicycles must be pushed to the railway carriage.
- You are responsible for securing your motorbike or bicycle.
- There is no maximum size for motorbikes. However, for transporting large motorbikes we recommend using a railway carriage with doors that slide sideways. Learn more from our employees on location before loading. Depending on which railway carriage is in use, you may be advised to wait for a later connection.
- Upon arrival, only release the safety guard once the train has stopped.
- You are responsible for getting your vehicle off the train.
- In Kandersteg and Brig you have to open the doors of the railway carriage yourself to leave the car train.
- BLS Ltd. rejects any liability if the transport information is not taken note of.
- Mobile phone and car radio reception in the tunnel: DAB+, SRG/SSR.
- Please follow the instructions of the rail staff.