The BLS train simulator in Burgdorf
With the aid of our sophisticated train simulator, see how it really feels to work as a train driver. You’ll get to drive your own train.
The BLS Foundation depot in Burgdorf is home to a simulator designed by the Biel/Bienne School of Engineering. Installed inside a detached driver’s cab from an RBDe 566I engine, the simulator gives you the opportunity to try your hand at driving a train on the BLS RegioExpress routes. A qualified train driver will give you an insight into his profession and assist you as you attempt to drive the train through the landscape captured in real-life images. Afterwards you can also tour the depot if you wish.
Availability Available on 10.07.2020
Due to the coronavirus, this tour is not offered until further notice.
Open Friday and Saturday (apart from general public holidays)
Start times at 09.00 and 13.00 hours
A simulator ride will also take place at 16.00 hours only if a booking has already been made for 13.00 hours on the same afternoon.
Subject to change without prior notice
- CHF 220.00 1 person with GA travelcard
- CHF 250.00 1 person without GA travelcard
- CHF 320.00 2 people with GA travelcard
- CHF 350.00 2 people without GA travelcard
No discount with the Half-Fare travelcard
Prices in CHF incl. VAT / Prices and products subject to alteration
Included in the offer:
- 2 hours in the train simulator in Burgdorf (3 hours for 2 people)
- Instruction and support from a train driver
- A ride in the simulator on one of the BLS RegioExpress routes (Brig–Spiez, Bern–Lucerne or Bern–Neuchâtel)
- Depot tour possible
- Coffee and croissants in the morning, coffee and biscuits in the afternoon
- Commemorative certificate
A gift voucher for the train simulator experience makes an ideal present
The simulator and the BLS Foundation depot are also ideal for group events. We would be happy to organise the perfect occasion for your group.
Weather & webcam Today: fair weather 13/27°